Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Rumblers NYC - Saturday, August 20th, 2011 (pre-show on the 19th)!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zombie Hot Rod, Jul 8, 2011.

1. The show is held under the Brooklyn/Queens Expressway, so we are kinda "under roof" so to speak. It has rained in the past during shows and you don't even notice it's raining.

Mike

2. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Without a doubt the #1 show of the year!

3. Kind of figured, just wondered if it was slang for something. I don't care about rain I will go to this show rain or shine:)

4. cowboy.3d

cowboy.3d
    from Austin TX

The old lady and I just moved out of Brooklyn to Austin last month, this will be the first year I have not attended. Just can't afford it... It is my favorite shindig of the year, I will miss seeing you all. But I don't miss living in Bed-Stuy!

5. Zoo York

Zoo York
    from Zoo York

Just a heads for anyone planning on leaving early.Please come in early so we can put you in a spot that is easy to get out.

6. Backage

Backage
    from New York

Have been to the last three shows always great and the people are always great.Everyone welcome.See ya there

7. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

awesome show. What time does the show end on saturday?

8. cederholm

cederholm

Wouldn't miss it! ~ Mitchell, ping we if you still want some help Friday before the show.

~ Carl

9. Gas_Tires_Oil

Gas_Tires_Oil

Any parking lots or garages in the area?? Need to park the daily driver somewhere near the show that's within walking distance. Was gonna take the train/subway but it looks like it's easier to drive down.

Gas

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  10. There are parking lots on both ends of the show lot area. It fills up fast though. There also is a train/subway that is less than two blocks away.

11. cederholm

cederholm

...and it's Brooklyn so there is on street parking - you just have to look for it and might have to walk.

12. Big Nick

Big Nick

We will be down there, the truck is our of order so its on the 51 pan and 46 Knuck for us.

13. Gas_Tires_Oil

Gas_Tires_Oil

14. I get off the BQE at Metropolitan Avenue, cross under the BQE and usually find a spot within a block or so. Never had to walk more than a few blocks even in that year of the ungodly rain.

Bob

15. What was it, 2 years ago with the torrential monsoon of a downpour? The BQE overhead leaked in a few spots, but all took it in stride. You might get a bit rained on if the wind blows, all part of the ambiance.

Bob

16. Gas_Tires_Oil

Gas_Tires_Oil

Thanks Bob, that's just what I needed.

Hey guys, I noticed your club web page is down. Been down since last week.

17. lorodz

lorodz

18. I remember that... it was raining sideways!

19. Our website is being upgraded but you still can see the flyers for our shows. Thanks for the heads-up. The NYC site now redirects you here:

www.Rumblersnation.com

20. ChekrdPast

ChekrdPast

I'll be there, without my truck again this year but still wouldn't miss it. Maybe I'll just tow her there and sit in it. For anyone on the fence come and check it out. You won't be disappointed.

21. KillerKustom

KillerKustom

What a bad ass location.

22. I'm in and out of Brooklyn all the time.. so it's just Brooklyn to me. Super cool being under one of the most heavily trafficked pieces of elevated highways anywhere though. If there's a steel plate for repair on the roadway above, when an 18-wheeler hits it, you know it.

Bob

23. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

talked to Speedcult last weekend at the Symco Shakedown - they are excited about hitting your show! Wish I could be there - I am headed east - but only as far as MI for the Relix Riot

24. fras2

fras2

Is the train stop off the Harlem line?
    Thanks

25. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

If you mean off of Metro North. NO.

You need to get the ”L” train to Lorimer St. or the ”G” train to Metropolitan Ave.

26. fras2

fras2

Yea I meant Metro.
    Thanks for the directions.

27. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

So Slim you going right?

28. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damn. If I don’t make it I’d have to answer to these folks. See ya in Brooklyn. Slim

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  29. Will be leaving for the airport soon. Can't wait!!!

30. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny