Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rubberized white wall tire paint. ????????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mongo, Apr 22, 2009.

1. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

A lot of us kids used stuff like back in the "50's" , we didn't have money for real white walls. Nothing new.

2. The_Monster

The_Monster

I found this post today cause Im thinking of making whitewalls for my harley and dont want to spend a ton of money for new WW since my tires are basically new.

What it sounds like to me is this: Its all in the prep.

Some guys are swearing it works, and others say it didnt work for them. Whether it be fusion, house paint or sno-seal, it works for some and doesnt for others.

Id have to think then.... with extra great prep, and admitting to myself that they may need touch ups a few times and might yellow/or brown... that itll work great.

Hey, everyone knows that the key to happiness is low expectations!!

3. MarkzRodz

MarkzRodz
    BANNED

I bought some on =bay too. I followed instructions and the results were good.The paint smells like one that I've used in the past, I just can't recall which one. Heck,,it may be "KILZ" ,, just repackaged.
    Anyway,, the tires did yellow but after a year. The car was driven 65 miles the second year and it stays indoors. I'm sure thats what determines the paint's lifespan.
    I bought an extra can that I'll use to touch them up later.

One more thing that helped me,,was to have the tire spinning slowly then drop a filled brush on it. My son held a running drill up to mine as the car was jacked up. That way the out lines look good,,kinda like giant pinstripping.
    Heres a picture to show how wonderful your tires can look after 2 years with no touch ups.

One more thought,,I figured it would pay off to find an old record player 33 rpm,,that would be perfect to use to paint them.

Attached Files:

4. Lono

Lono

I used the little white ebay can too on new radials, looked pretty sweet:
    [​IMG]

Then about 3 weeks after that first picture was taken, a 1/2 drive down a gravel road and they looked like this:

[​IMG]

Friends dont let friends use egay tire paint.

5. Diol

Diol
    from Ukraine

6. I was going to paint mine since I dont want to put any money into tires. Does anyone have any tips on masking it off so at least you have a good straight curved line around ?