Register now to get rid of these ads!

rover p6 custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hemsbygal, Feb 3, 2004.

1. hemsbygal

hemsbygal

hi all just got a rover p6 1968 v8 light blue with dark blue flames up both sides!!!the engine sounds awesome!!!!will put piccy on asap,anyone out there got a similar custom? [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Is the P6 the boxy looking Rover? With the big grill? Not the more 60s styled TC series? If I have this right in my head those are pretty cool cars and would make an interesting custom...

3. Didn't one of the mags publish a drawing of on a few years ago by Steve Stanford or somebody like that. From memory it was pretty cool.

4. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

u mean its a custom just because it got flames?

5. Sailor

Sailor

Ratboy its the sixties style car. The one you describe is the P5 (the coupe vertion of these are very cool in my book).
    I almost bought a P6 a few years ago. A buddy of mine have one too. They are pretty nice rides, but like Deamon, I did not quite get the custom-part.

6. DrJ

DrJ

It's the one with the BUICK ALUMINUM 215" V8.
    It's cool looking too. good 60s lines that just need lowering a bit, a shave and a custom paint job. to be right.
    I approve! [​IMG]

7. LIMEY

LIMEY

Not knocking your car Hemsbygal but i used to work on a few of them things, the front & rear suspension was complete pants to work on, a crazy de-dion rear with in board brakes
    & the front was a bitch to work on too, although they drove quite good.
    Ted you are thinking a P5 with the big grille, i like them too always wanted one as a kid.

8. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

You mean yer not a kid anymore?

[​IMG]