Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Ross racing???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buickvalvenut, Apr 5, 2016.

1. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

Has anyone ever done business with them? Im only asking because he bought two Mallory caps from me and claims payment is on its way. We talked on the 24th of last month and still haven't received anything in the mail. My add on here clearly stated that I only take postal money order. But I cut him some slack and let him mail a personal check. I could have had the money already but I took his word. The only reason im selling them out of my personal collection is because I need to refill my meds. I suffer from depression and anxiety and going on two weeks with no meds. Im going thru hell right now and confused if I should continue to take his word or just forget about it. I explaind this to him and haven't recived a reply.

DeLuxe 32 likes this.
  2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Ross and Tony are first class people, and I have done several transactions with them. They have also gone out of their way to provide free information, even when they knew they were not going to make a dime on the sale.

I understand your concern, but pick up the phone and call them. I have done that a few times and always got someone to answer. Perhaps they are out of pocket right now and that is the reason for the delay.

You will not be stiffed, believe me.

Don

3. Eddie

Eddie
    from Georgia

Amen to what Don said, Tony is top notch! Could be a Postal problem.
    Eddie

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

That's my only problem. Times are hard for me right now. I cant afford a phone bill so $14 for wifi monthly is the best I can do. My biggest concern is my health and I need those meds. If an empty pocket was the case comunicating with me about it would have been nice. having to deal with my mental health issues is the worst. But ill give him more time. Meanwhile I'll just ride it out thru hell because thats exactly what im experiencing. Just hope it's soon. Cant take it any more. Hurts to sell my caps but my health is more important.

Thanks for the words gentlemen. I know knothing of them so I figured is better to ask than to make judgments

5. They may be at the Lone Star Round-up or on the way. I'm pretty sure Tony went last yr. and may be on the road again. Try to be patient. I know with your health issues that is a challenge but I don't think they would stiff you.

6. That's only 11 days ago. We're dealing with the post office here. ......

7. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

According to they're instagram page they just arrived in Austin,Tx today for LSRU.

8. If I see them I'll have them call . They are great guys and would not screw anyone .

9. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

I am on the road...... In Texas for the LSRU.......I did send a company ck last week...... And it has to travel from the east coast to the west..... I expect you'll see it anytime now ...... And you still have the merchandise so ..... Please let me know when you receive it

Thanks

Saxman, lothiandon1940 and JOYFLEA like this.
  10. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

What?????? You STILL have the parts and are posting this !!!!!!!!! Here I thought you had shipped him the parts and were out the money. Talk about jumping the gun. Besides, how much are we talking about here ? For a couple of caps it can't be much.

I know there are people out there who need to be called out, but Ross isn't one of those companies.

Something else that bothers me about this...........I went back through your history, and all you use the HAMB for is to sell stuff. You do not contribute to help people, or participate in any other meaningful way, you just use us to sell your parts. Sorry, but I think that is wrong.

Next time, think twice before you call out a GOOD member who always helps other HAMB members.

Don

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  11. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Tony is a stand up guy. Probably hits the ground out of bed going 90mph all day long. I am sure he is busy like all of us.

12. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I had a WANTED add on the HAMB for a used Vertex cap, Tony sent me one free of charge and wouldn't take a Penny for the shipping.
    OP you need to take 2 Aspirins and chill................................................

mad mikey and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. Not going to give the OP an out here but read his first post, he has mental issues and such. We all know Ross racing is pretty good folk, but his guy has some issues. Lets let him slide for now. To the OP, if you have these issues, you may want to re-evaluate what you are doing if selling hotrod parts on the net to pay for your meds. Not a real constant income source given the volatility of online sales.

5window and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, I did set up to buy the same cap , but international deals are a little slower to arrange . Tony stepped up and got the deal done ,so we missed out . A little miffed but that's how it goes , we were not in a panic, just going through the payment procedure with the OP, thought we had it sorted.
    Will keep looking for a mallory two piece flat cap.

15. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I think the part that bothers me the most is that the OP only uses the HAMB to sell his parts, and then he wants us to be his collection agency too. Mental issues or not, he seems lucid enough to write over 100 ads on here and make money off of us. I'm also suspicious of that whole medication story too. Just seems a little contrived IMO.

I could see him questioning payment after a month or more, but not 11 days ! If I were Tony or Ross, I would put a stop payment on the check and tell him to stick the caps where the sun don't shine, after doing this to them.

Don

6inarow, mad mikey, Dog_Patch and 2 others like this.
  16. ^^^Well said, Don^^^

17. I agree Don!

18. 5window

5window

Watching and Waiting