Register now to get rid of these ads!

Roothawg or Dragrcr50 I have a ? you guys have the answer!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by usmc50lx, Apr 11, 2007.

1. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Ok I love the "Dragon Fly" and "Agent Orange". Well what are you guys using for front springs because I changed my mind on my coupe and instead of the front in the weeds, I want it up.The easy Direction for me to go is Racer instead of show car w/ go like Originally planned.I was thinking stock A spring is that what y'all are using I searched the build threads but couldn't find shit then again it was around 1am. Thanks guys,Paul

2. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

mine is a spring over tube set up from sp[eedway 4 inch drop with thier spring on it. also straight frame rails with a 32 crossmember in it...

3. Roothawg

Roothawg

I run a stock, undropped 36 Ford axle with the spring over the axle. I used a custom built spring from a truck company. I told them how much arch I wanted and they built it to meet my specs. It's starting to settle some. I may hafta have it rearched. I used a 36 Ford front crossmember.

4. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Cool thats the axle and spring I have(the speedway one) but the with Model A cross member it sits lower so I'm thinking a stock spring will work to get mine nose high not alot really just level it out or put it an inch higher than the rear is all I want something close to this only unchanneled.Thanks Again Guys

Attached Files:

5. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

make sure you have a regular eye on the spring which is goof for an extra inch or so over a reversed eye. see you at the drags??????????

6. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Yeah gonna look for a stock one.No, I gotta deploy to Iraq in about 5 weeks now so it goes on hold here in a little while the car is done and driveable right now but theres a swap meet coming up and I was gonna look for a stock "A" spring. Changing it up alot with the front spring,Skinny mags up front and some cheaters out back it will give the car the attitude it lacks right now when I get home and prep for shiny paint while I am driving it.So definitely at the Drags in '08 though putting a 700r and a lockup stall so it will cruise with the 4.11s though and the Deeper first gear than a th350