Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Ron Stetter, an original hot rod story!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Turkey, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Great story this is our past,its where we come from as hot rodders.Very bitchin car so cool that he has kept it the same all these years.

2. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Thanks for sharing Ron. i look forward to meeting ya and seeing the duece!

3. tinmann

tinmann

What an amazing guy. To think he's kept the car intact for 57 years. I bet he still feels 21 every time he gets behind the wheel........ even though getting behind the wheel probably takes a little longer than it used to.

4. I met Ron a few years back at Knoxville. He was great guy to talk to. I was talkin' to him about how fun the floor is to do in a channeled car. I told him what I had done to mine, and was kinda comparing it to what he had to do, and he says 'hop in there and check it out, see whatcha think'. Really nice guy, nice car. Thanks for postin' up Mr. Ron.

5. cruzr

cruzr

very cool post............thanks

6. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Thank's for posting, he is a great original hot rodder. Now I see what I missed by not going to Daytona.

7. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We need a thousand more videos just like this one. These oral histories are priceless.

8. From what Ron told me there is more to the video, they are working on a pilot for a new TV show.
    Brett

9. Now that is really neat! Nice, humble guy telling his story. I think he is a good role model for us younger guys! Great story and a great way to share it! Thanks!

10. Where have all these guys gone....

11. Great post, great story, great car - all about an original, all-around nice guy. We need to see and hear more stories like this one before they all disappear .... thanks!

12. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

American Rod & Custom have actually made two clips about Ron. I was just searching for his clips again (I watch them weekly and am trying to learn how to play the guitar track in the background - if anyone knows who wrote it please PM me) and came across this 2009 thread. I hope it's ok to raise this thread again. I've seen these clips posted on here before but this thread is specifically about Ron (and the first time I've seen any other pictures of Ron's car) so I thought I'd post them both in here to make sure the thread's complete.

<iframe width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TmhHFq1AqJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IjhIeUqVGTQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>