Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ron Francis Wiring daigram?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ragtop, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Would anyone have an older Ron Francis wiring diagram? A friend has a panel he bought at a swap meet and I want to put it in his car for him but a drawing or instruction sheet would help. Thanx. Please pm me if you do.

2. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Ron has serial numbers on the back of his units, they can be used to get info on the unit. You may be able to contact them and get a diagram for that specific unit. They most likely will charge you a fee but it will be correct.

3. Actually Ron Francis sent me an instruction sheet at no charge when given the serial number. Unfortunately whoever installed the system in my coupe originally really created a mess.

A suggestion.....it has been rewired recently using this product:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=552650

4. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

I use Rebel harness all the time and I really like them, but this is a buddy's cvar and he picked this panel up at a swap a while ago and would like to use it. There's no info on it. Just wondering if the name tags are on the right terminal strips.

5. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

it would be cheaper timewise to replace the ron francis crap with a rebel box.

ron likes to complicate the shit out of things and you'll spend several more hours trying to use that box over the Rebel one. You'll also have a lot more connections that can fail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  6. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

you can get what you need from the website, if not call their tech line..

Every vehicle I seem to get has one in it with no instructions. I call them or look on the web-site and get what I need for nothing..

7. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I would have liked to have been there for that system switch over. It sure looks a lot different from photo a to b. Mine looks a lot like A. Dang it.