Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Rolling bones road trip to sema

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ROLLING BONES 1A, Oct 14, 2009.

1. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

IMAGINE HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE SCRATCHING THEIR HEADS WHEN THEY SEE ONE OF OUR CRUSTY OLE HOT ROD THREE WINDOWS SITTING IN THE MOTORBOOKS BOOTH AMONGST ALL THE GLITZ AND GLITTER AT THE SEMA SHOW . MOTORBOOKS IS SPONSORING US DRIVING KEITH'S COUPE TO THE SEMA SHOW IN LAS VEGAS AND WE ARE STOPPING EACH NIGHT ALONG THE WAY AT LOCAL CLUBS WITH A TRUNK FULL OF BOOKS TO POSSIBLY SIGN AND SELL . STARTING MONDAY THE 26 th. OF OCT WE WILL BE ON OUR WAY STOPPING TO VISIT WITH THE BOYS OF ERIE COUNTY FLATHEADS , ON THE 27 th. THE ROAD ROCKETS OF INDY , ON THE 28 th. THE STREETERS OF CROWN POINT IN , THE ST. LOUIS STREET RODS ON THURS THE 29 th. AND FINALLY BOZO'S IN SANTA ROSA NM ON SAT. THE 31 th. WHAT ABOUT FRIDAY NIGHT OF THE 30 th. ??????? HEY WERE LOOKING FOR A BUNCH OF HOT RODDERS SOMEWHERE AROUND OK CITY TO HAVE A BEER OR TWO WITH . ANY HOT RODDERS AROUND THERE LOOKING FOR AN EXCUSE TO HANG OUT ON A FRIDAY NIGHT ????????????????? LET US KNOW KEN AND KEITH / THE ROLLING BONES

Attached Files:

2. Fogger

Fogger

What are you running for tires on this trip? Hope all goes well for you guys and see you at SEMA. The FOGGER

3. TOO COOL!!!!
    By the way what book is it?

4. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

We are trying out 600 firestone vintage motorcycle tires from " coker " . Put a pair on a three window we just finished and they seemed a lot better than the 450's . They are the same size and look great . 750's firestones on the back . Guess we will never learn . The books are " art of the hot rod " by ken gross and " hot rod " and " hot rod garages " by peter vincent. Ought to be fun bustin balls with keith's beat up old coupe in the booth.

5. synthsis

synthsis

If it's as filthy as those photos people are going to be really confused.

6. patina steve

patina steve

I just bought both those books, they are the best ! Good luck on the road trip guys.........

7. sounds like a fun trip. good luck and enjoy yourselves.

8. lorodz

lorodz

have a blast... looking forward to the pictures ...

9. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Watch it rain on the way and wash all your salt off......

10. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

Cool,...... im a fan of the work that comes out of your shop.......

11. mrdodge

mrdodge

Neat trip and fun to be had. Peter Vincents books are first class.

12. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

What a cool trip and a cool way to promote some very cool books.

I had fun in Bonniville sneaking my coupe in next to the bone crew to get a pic, but the camera kept screwing up. Oh well, next time..

Good luck on your trip.

13. Being from the Buffalo, NY area, just want to let you know those salt pictures make my teeth hurt!-MIKE:eek::D

14. sounds like a fun trip,have a good time guys

15. Hard to believe you haven't had an invite from folks in the OKC area yet.

16. Have a great trip I would love to see those cars on the road - the photos just arent enough for me. The DVD "Road to Bonneville" helps!
    Both of those books are excellent!

17. i'll be flying from michigan to ok city on the 26th...company training crap...but will be sitting on my ass over the weekend...would be great to know where you guys are that friday nite...i'll check as to where i'm staying today...hell if nothing else, i'll buy you guys a beer or 3...hpefullly the bar is close to where ever my motel is.....so it's not too long of a walk:rolleyes:...........

18. brady1929

brady1929

i love the hot rods the rolling bones crew builds.

19. raven

raven

Well if they stopped in KC instead, I'm sure we could set them up.
    r

20. Sounds like a great time - but hey, what a lame excuse for a road trip - sellin books hehe !!

Cmon guys, just tell us that ya'all just wanna DRIVE.

Shoot us the pix on the trip !!!!

Safe drivin now, ya hear?

Rat

21. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

wow that looks like a fun trip!!!!!!!!!!!!! amazing

22. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Ken, if you're comin' down I-44 from St. Louis to OKC, you gotta pass thru Tulsa...we have LOTS of beer...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  23. I'll volunteer the Ratty Bastards clubhouse for your OKC beer stop. If you decide to stop gimme some advanced notice and I'll set it up.

24. Rollin Bones guys are the shit,that will be a cool trip.Let us know how those firestones do?Were can we buy those books guys?

25. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

Still working out the details of our trip , the route is the same , some stops will change . Looks like we may meet a few hot rodders along the way . Will make a new post when things shake out , the boners

Attached Files:

26. firerod

firerod
    from Colorado

Sounds like a fun trip. Good luck. I have been a fan of your cars for a long time. Unless it's a Bones secret how much do you guys kick the rear of your frames?

HomemadeHardtop57 likes this.
  27. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

We have no secrets we just try to steel the best ideas of those from the past . The frames are not kicked up at all .

28. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

Are you staying at the "take down motel" in East Indy??

I'm looking forward to reading about the adventure on the "pit crew pages." Have a safe trip.

29. Deu55

Deu55

Hey have fun boys...Hey you boys are welcome downunder any time...Rod

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  30. kustomrace

kustomrace

I'll be driving to sema from Detroit leaving the 25th ,do you know what route you are taking? I have to be in early to set up our display,but friday night is clear! Hope to catch up with you guys...Dave