Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Rolling Bones Make It to Houston

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zeke Fishburn, Mar 31, 2011.

1. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Thanks for the info Ken. Cookies are good!!

2. vents

vents

MMMMMMM...Cookies..every one delicious in every way. You guys make a lot of people happy to see your cookies, just like when we were kids and mom would take 'em out of the stove all hot and fresh for us to enjoy. There will always be opinions on anything but like my dad says" Your opinion is important, just not to me".

3. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

Brian , that cracked me up , call us next week . Ken and Keith

4. Ha Ha.....and polished stainless.:cool: This smile with the black Raybans looks like Jon Marchman:cool::cool::cool::D

5. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ken - I was honored to have some very special crumbs spread on the Salt last year!
    See you in August!!

6. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

For those that may not be familiar with 3WLarry's "cookie car".

Attached Files:

7. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

Kens new Shop........:D

[​IMG]

They have set the standard on how all cars should look & drive !

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well they do look like they all grew on the same tree. Damned things tend to grow on a guy but that is why I think we are seeing so may "almost looks like a Bones car" rods showing up lately.

I'm sure that more than one rod shop across the country has had someone walk in with a magazine in had with one of the Bones cars in it and ask if they can build one just like that one.

The degree of workmanship and the fact that those cars are built to get out on the road and go are the things that make them great though. We have guys on here with some pretty nice cars that are scared to death to drive them more than 50 miles from the house as they are afraid something will happen and these guys don't bat an eye at jumping in the cars and making 1000+ mile road trips as a matter of course.

9. You guys are killing me.

I think people are just jealous...

There's nothing cookie cutter about ANY hot rod...

Just drive around your town for a day and tell me how many of them you see.

Sam

10. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Ken & Keith : Your next event you should bring some "Boner" sugar cookies !

Great meeting you fella's in Austin .... Keep builidng those "Cookie Cutter Hot Rods", don't change a thing... Love the new grill on the 33/34 !

11. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

Here's a few Cookie Cutter Hot Rods for ya.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  12. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

Just got back to New York so here's some pic's of the Rolling Bones crew from New York to Austin.
    The temp. when we left 12, wiped ice of the Hot Rods the next morning and never got over 45 till after Waco.
    Austin warmed up to the upper 80's...nice............

Attached Files:

13. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

More Pic's

Attached Files:

14. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

more pic's

Attached Files:

15. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

Pic's

Attached Files:

16. Plowboy

Plowboy

I got all of the crumbs from the bottom of the bag, swept all the crumbs off of the floor, and scabbed together a cookie of my own. I guess you could call it the store brand variety, not the original oreo, I guess it is more like a rice crispies treat or a cookie casserole. Unfortunately, this one has been lost under a couch cushion for a while so it has become a tad stale.

Attached Files:

17. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

More pic's

Attached Files:

18. coupemerc

coupemerc

Sweet cookie PlowBoy. What's going in for a powerplant?

19. Plowboy

Plowboy

A cookie cutter SBC, what else? ha ha It also has a Vega steering box, not a Shroeder, and it has a 9 inch, not a quick change. Like I said, it is the generic version using what I had laying around.....

20. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Plowboy, when you hoping to drive the vicky?? its looking wicked!

21. Good pictures Ron, and yes it does "look colder with pictures" than when you were telling me how cold it was when you left:eek:
    Glad to see ya on the HAMB, as well as meeting up with you again at the Roundup

22. Running with the Rolling Bones.

Attached Files:

23. In my opinion I want say that's "rolling bones" build excellent´s cars, but for me they had a such of excessive publicity. For me we keep stay on the underground, in a deep lonely garage, probably making some noise with the tools and waiting for a ride.
    May be for this marketing forget the essence of the hot rodding and only in my opinion guys, It is so known, that it loses the mystery...

24. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

See what happens when the heat is cranked up to 90 plus . Jon left the " COOKIE " cooler on and walked away. Six or seven hours later the oven wouldn't turn on.

25. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

Skot, It was great seeing you and the rest of the Texas 5 in Austin. I will be back again and hope we can all run together and make the 80th in L.A.
    I tried to post more pictures but for some reason it will not let me. Maybe later.....it wouldnt work last night either.

26. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

I dig the cars and really think these cars have set some standards for hot rods or traditional rides to come. Be weary there will always be somebody to copy the work and build similar cars. Bones are trendsetters and as long as there is a person to put it in the front others will follow. Build outside of the norm and create something appealing to others and those will follow to suite. Think of it like this for every fit and finished hot rod out there, there is one car in perfect patina. For every slammed clean custom there's one rolling low on rust. For every F100 built to street rod standards there is on shop truck F100 rolling in with a cooler in the bed. Traditional or not hot rodding is in essance HOT. Rolling Bones is right now Hot. Long live the hot rod.

27. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

Here's some more pic's.

Attached Files:

28. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

More pic's.

Attached Files:

29. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Awesome pics Ron thanks for posting them, and thanks for bringing back some warm weather with you!

30. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

More Pic's

Attached Files: