Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Rolling Bones Make It to Houston

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zeke Fishburn, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Painting things with such a broad brush often gets you in trouble. 3w larry knows the Bones guys and even had one of their chassis under his 32. Mercdueceman has built some very cool rides over the years and is one of the driving forces in the Indy area. I think they are more than qualified to give their .02:rolleyes:

I wanna see more roadtrip pictures on their adventure myself! Ken post some pics damnit!

2. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

We have been trying to ween ourself off of cookies so we baked this one with salt. damn thing still tasted good to us

Attached Files:

3. lorodz

lorodz

bones have a very tasteful style ...and i love it ..they took a very traditional style and enhanced it .

4. RAY With

RAY With

Awesome pics and gives me the itch to have one! rbcrew170

5. weez

weez

Damn, I had to get some cookies to eat after reading all that! Cool stuff, I was checking out their cars out at the Round Up-

And I agree with Norwell, and if I don't like something, I ignore it...

6. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

Still baking this cookie but can't seem to find the right little paper holder before we put it in the cookie box with the rest of the cookie cutters .
    IT'S SO MUCH FUN EATIN YOUR COOKIES !!!!!!!

Attached Files:

7. Master of None

Master of None

Any pics with the top down........? man that sounded kinda dirty.

8. lorodz

lorodz

do you guys have any side profiles of this sweet 28-29
    [​IMG]

9. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Hey Ken, how much did you chop the five window? is that 5"?

10. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

Damn , the more salt we add to the recipe the better they taste to us so we think we will keep baking with our ingredients .
    We are planning on having every cookie we have baked " A BAKERS DOZEN " as it turns out , meet on the salt this Aug. ( three will be racing cookies ) we will start off with ten cookies , add two more to the oven on the way and that stale old sedan cookie of Dennis Varni's will meet us there .
    We will post our every night cooking times before the bake off starts and invite any of you with a sweet tooth to stop by and share a crumb or two with us and the food guy who will be dragging his mini cookie triumph race scoot along . thanks for giving are hot rod recipe a five star rating . hot rodding is supposed to be about having FUN WITH CARS . AS THE JOKER SAID THE BATMAN " WHY SO SERIOUS ?

Attached Files:

11. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

jalopykid , we chopped it six in the front and about five and a half in the back and took an extra inch out of the back window and lowered the window about 3/4 on an inch. there was a great tech article in Street Rodder a couple years ago . the windshield is also laid back.

Attached Files:

12. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Love the 33/34's, bake more please!!!

13. Billy54

Billy54
    from Houston

Apparently mine is a cookie cutter too...so ive been told.

Attached Files:

14. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

Master of None , Our hot rods are dirty most of the time anyway . We are still bakin' this one but she's almost ready for her Maiden Voyage to Bonneville this Aug.

Attached Files:

15. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

lorodz . Meant to include this on the first post but ain't got the computer recipe down two good yet.

Attached Files:

16. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

Good cookies come in all kinds of shapes and tastes and yours looks mighty tasty

17. Master of None

Master of None

Is that a 32 "heavy" axle on the front of the roadster? I acquired a 29 roadster myself, and I like the width/stance.

18. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

Yes it is , We don't think there is such a thing as a light one unless Henry ran out late and started using 33's . Every 32 axle we have ever seen or taken off an origininal car or pickup has been the same . but we are sure there are others who will say different.

19. Master of None

Master of None

One more question...so whats the total drop you achieved with the axle and cross member combo? Its so cool to be able to talk to the guys you see in the mags! Thanks a ton.

20. Joe Didio

Joe Didio

Two tupperware coupe's rolled along with the Bone's. We all had a great time and these second rate cars got a lot of looks as well.

21. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

hindsight....but i 'THINK' this ^^^^^^ is why people started talking smack....

i am well aware that 3wlarry had a Rollin Bones frame under his 32,,so pretty sure Rollin Bones was messin with Larry,,but to most people on an open forum who dont know the facts it probably sounded arogant...and what do humans love to do when some one is doing well??? knock them down! lol...

i love your guys stuff,,,bad ass,

22. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

Master of None , there's quite a bit involved in setting up the front end and steering the way we do and having it work . thank God for the Spencer roadster , we stole as many of his ideas as we could. Give us a call at the shop and we will tell you what we do. I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to put our # on here so I will pm it to you.
    Ken

23. Master of None

Master of None

Thanks Ken, its great to talk to real people, and not guys that are "too cool" to talk to. I'm located by one of the "cool" guys, he wouldn't take a complement from me for wining the Ridler award.

24. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

Wow just figured out how to do to quotes
    We know what you mean about " COOL " guys. If you read the above quote thats what all this stuff is or at least to us should be about.
    People who have their panties in a bunch about YOUR hot rod must have a real insecurity about THEIR"S . It's about the people - the cars are simply the glue.

25. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

I guess if all your cars are COOKIE CUTTERS, I guess mine got stamped out from the same ingredients! :D

[​IMG]

26. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

wow! i can't beleive anyone on the hamb would talk smack about a rollin bones car. they are the definition of traditional hotrod.load,fast,dirty and driven.nothin but total respect and admiration from me.they are true artists in this medium.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  27. The37Kid

The37Kid

Any time a thread has a lot of photos of Rolling Bones cars it's a good one IMO. They may look somewhat alike to some people, but I see different details every time I look at a photo. That clean front end just says race car to me. Hope to see a few of the cars at Rhinebeck next month.

28. Doug B

Doug B

29. adam401

adam401

I love the reliability of these cars. Road trips in the earlies awesome!

30. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Jeez Ken, you guys can't go anywhere without causing a FLAP! haha, I like cookies!!