Register now to get rid of these ads!

Roll Call: Salina Lead Sled

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vegas paul, May 23, 2010.

1. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Looks like Psycho-DeVIlles will be playing at the Paramount that weekend instead of Pushrod :) I'm always the last to know stuff.

2. ray

ray
    from colorado

well, i'm still on track to be there.

my sled ain't though!

haven't touched it in a while, been working on a different ride, so salina is gonna be the shakedown cruise for the 66 c-10 i just slapped together. it's a stock bodied rust bucket, i feel like a spectator! i did do one custom body mod though, a subtle, but good one, so free beer to whoever can find it.

3. NoSurf

NoSurf

Here it is!!!

This week!

If anyone is in town early go ahead and shoot me a pm. We can meet up for lunch or dinner.

Also, a group of us are planning to cruise over to Kuntz's Drive-In in Abilene to grab some burgers and home-made rootbeer (served in frosty mugs) after the show Saturday evening. It's just down the street from the chicken place (Brookville Hotel) in Abilene. We will take scenic old highway 40 over.

[​IMG]

Can't wait!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I know, I know...

Hell, Ray, you are a spectator in that rust bucket...!!!:eek::eek:

R-

5. yblock292

yblock292

We will be there Thursday afternoon.

6. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Sounds good! I'm in, but you probably already knew that :p:D

7. NoSurf

NoSurf

8. choptvan

choptvan

I'm in. I will be there.

9. 49toad

49toad

I might be there, just stripped the nut on my oil pan drain plug. Hope i can fix it.

10. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Doug, just go buy some J B weld and fix it right next week.....

11. Mercchev

Mercchev

Merc was cleared today, we'll be putting it back together Tuesday and Wednesday, hopefully on the road Thursday. See ya there!

12. Dads-53

Dads-53

Anyone coming through KC from the east Thursday morning there is a bunch of us meeting at Cracker Barrel in Independence about 7:30 for breakfast then head west.
    Denise your only about 2 miles from our house if you need anything, get back to me.
    Don

13. gonmad

gonmad

we will be there.

14. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I'm leaving Rolla, Mo. tomorrow morning with a couple of friends. We'll be staying at the Econolodge in Salina. I'll be driving a black 57 chev. pickup with "Junk Bros" door art. First time to this event for me but I'll recognize some of you from numerous Hamb Drags. Till tomorrow, Sam

15. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Krobe and I will be leaving 6:30 am tomorrow morning. This is the first time that we
    are going a day early. The past years we've had so much fun we felt like we needed
    to head up on Thursday. I can't wait to ge tup there, Salina is by far the koolest show
    in the Mid-West....

Happy Trails,

Mick

16. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Thursday...??? You're coming early...what happened...you lose your job...wife kick you out...what...???

You'll even be there before me...WOW...!!! That's cool...you can watch me and my pals cruise into the HQ motel then...!!!

R-

17. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I still have the job and Renee hadn't got tired of me yet. I think that she wants a vacation
    from me..Ha, ha, ha..

We had planned on already being on the road to attend Rocky's open house but I had too
    much going on at work. After 5:00 today I won't care until I get back to work on Monday.

Looking forward to checking out the Caddy, I'm praying for a kool drive to and from Salina.

Happy Trails,

Mick

18. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Not going to be able to make it after all. My folks are having some health issues I need to be around for. You guys have a blast and I'll catch you at the next show.

19. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Sounds like she got part of her wish -you outta the house for the weekend anyway...!!!

We're trying an untested engine, still got no miles on it, worked til midnite last nite putting all the small stuff back on the car...one more thing tonite, put the skirts on...here's hoping we'll have a good trip..see you when we get there...

R-

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear about your folks, My dad has cancer and he was going to start chemo
    yesterday and it got delayed. I can relate on what your going through, the family
    will be in my thoughts and prayers....

We were talking about your're Caddy last night, I bet you will be floating off of the ground when you get into town. Good luck.

Happy Trails, Mick

21. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

were here in wichita see yas in salina

22. I'm leaving friday morning. The weather forecast is for goodtimes and great people.

23. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I don't know about that, there are some pretty kool shows that are based about 3.5 hours southeast of Salina too!

24. gonmad

gonmad

Aaawwww man!! I thought that you were leaving him behind!!

25. NM Sandrail

NM Sandrail
    Member Emeritus

Hi Everyone,
    Heading up to wonderfully warm Kansas tomorrow... Will be all events on Friday and Saturday... See you there, NoSurf, Rob Lee, Poverty Flats, Denise and all the others that I am looking forward to seeing again..:)

Just finished up 6 weeks of BSA Summer Camp @ Sacramento, NM working as Camp Commissioner... Cool up in the mountains so Kansas will be a big change.. CU all soon....duane

http://www.pbase.com/nmsandrail/camp_wehinahpay_2010&page=all

26. NoSurf

NoSurf

Some of us are meeting up at Bogey's for lunch today on South 9th.

Come on by if you are in town.

27. NoSurf

NoSurf

Saw a coupe sweet cars on my way back from lunch parked in front of the Cozy Inn:

[​IMG]

28. I have heard that the "GRASS NAZI" aka bobwop is in Kansas !!! >>>>.

29. Looks like I got a kitchen pass for an outing on Saturday. :)

30. NoSurf

NoSurf

Cars are rolling into the host hotel. Alot of cars I haven't seen before. Registration is moving though very smoothly as always. I didn't pre-register and I am #1023. Already almost as many as last year!

[​IMG]