Register now to get rid of these ads!

Roll Bars..

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by ThingyM, Oct 10, 2008.

1. ThingyM

ThingyM

Thanks for the thread on the rules.

But why do you require 1 3/4" tube for the roll cage, When the NHRA only requires 1 1/2" Or 1 5/8" if over 20" tall..I know alot of the guys only have the one hoop style rollbar..But out here in Taxifornia, They say , Full cage as required by NHRA. or you don't run.. So, Does that mean if we went to a race in lets say MoKan. we could not run because it's only 1 1/2" tube or worst yet. You guys could not run out here because of the "One hoop" Style roll bar with the required 1 3/4" tube ???....
    Just was thinking,,,, Thanks.. Dick Moseley aka ThingyM

2. Rand Man

Rand Man

I would think, if you had a full NHRA cage, their listed sizes would be fine. I think the thought behind that, was that if you had fewer bars, you should increase the size.

3. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Bingo ........

The extra 1/4" was for single bar styles.

We stuck with it when we added a second bar just 'cause it matched and looked better.

Hang tight, I've been thrashing out some strictly voluntary rule adden"dumbs" for us NHRA victims for awhile now. I hope to have something concrete to offer you guys later next week, after I run'em by Ryan.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  4. vectorsolid

vectorsolid
    from Montana

<----- In for that information.