Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Roger Goldammer's salt flats Harley

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roadsters.com, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What a great bike. This is one of the nicest and most imaginative custom Harleys I've ever seen.

"Roger Goldammer creates stunning designs, yet he doesn't let his creations sit in a corner collecting dust. Rather, his winning bike is a world record holder, averaging over 160 miles per hour last year at the Bonneville Salt Flats."

Roger Goldammer: Official World Champion of Custom Bike Building
    http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/09/roger-goldammer-official-world-champion-of-custom-bike-building/

2. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

sic!! dig those big hubs on those wheels....

3. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

That bike is sweet.

4. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

5. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

It has a modern day board tracker look. Very cool.

6. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

He does some pretty cool stuff.I saw this bike at the 2006 BUB meet at the Salt Flats.He's also a really nice guy to talk to.

[​IMG]

7. bitchin bike ..

8. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

Wow thats a sweet bike!

9. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Cool. Very cool.

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Now that is sweeeeet!

11. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

Look at the bike again and see if you agree with my guesses as to the styling influences at work here.

The lines of the fairing may have been partly inspired by the Ducati 996. The tail on the seat suggests an early-'60s Italian or British road racer, as do the big brakes and laced wheels. The lines of the tank and the overall paint scheme are reminiscent of a mid-'70s Yamaha TZ-750 road racer.

It's not often I get completely knocked out by a Harley. This one is an absolute masterpiece.

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/

12. 65 impala

65 impala

roger is the best in the world hands down:cool: 3 bike build championships in a row what else is their to say

13. palepainter

palepainter

Roger is the best. Super cool creative guy not caught up in all of the hype of what others are doing. He is paving his own road. He is a great guy to chat with if you get a chance.

14. This should be on our sister site www.jockeyjournal.com thats for bikes. Although his newest bike prob misses the beat for the board.

15. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

Today I called Roger and let him know about this thread. He was flattered, and said he might not get to it soon because he has a week to get the bike back on the dyno to get it ready for the Bub motorcycle-only meet at Bonneville, after Speed Week.

He remembered meeting me when he and I met here in Phoenix back in 1995, when he was a Motorcycle Mechanics Institute student, riding a stunning turbocharged Shovelhead that he had built.

As a bike builder, it could be said that Roger is more into hot rods than customs. He told me that the most satisfying thing about this project wasn't the awards it won or the record it set on the salt, but that its acceptance among bike builders and parts manufacturers has played a role in getting people in the Harley side of the industry to give more consideration to motorcycles' performance.

A great guy with vision and a great future.

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/

16. brandon

brandon

his bikes are super clean and trick at the same time...saw the green one at the v twin expo last year....neat stuff...:D

17. ol'ferd

ol'ferd
    from MN

Rogers bikes rule. He is never afraid to push the limit with either styling or machanics. I love the one cylinder with the super charger mounted where the 2nd cylinder would go. I bet the bike only tips the scales at 250-300lbs. Those spoke wheels with the big hubs kick ass.

18. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

19. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

That's a beautiful bike!

20. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Those are sculptures that move, simply stunning.

21. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

I saw him last week.He had a new creation at the BUB meet on the Salt.He was running 140-150.Still hadn't turned on the nitrous.This is a single cylinder with over 900CC!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The hubs have disc brakes in them.The alloy disipates the heat.
    Nice work and an easy guy to talk to.

22. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

Wow. That guy is an artist!

23. jj mack

jj mack

24. no bux rod

no bux rod

Goldammer makes the guys at OCC look like amatuers. Love the looks and gonig to B'ville means his bikes work and are not just for show.

N B R

25. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Its not that I'm a bike guy....but his creations just blow me away. I never thought that I would consider fabbing a bike but when it happens his artistic influence has definitely made an impression on me.

26. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

27. I know quite a few of the pro bike builders and have sold a bunch of english wheels to quite a few of the 'names. Couple years back my son and I took our wheels out to the Las Vegas Bike Expo and we were set up next to Roger. This bike:

[​IMG]

is beyond awesome. Notice it is a SINGLE!!! He took a standard Harley and cut it in half and did all the mechanicals to make it a true single that runs like a sewing machine. The details are perfect. You'd never know this was a custom built one off.

And yes, he is a really, really nice guy. We ran into him at several bike shows we sold at.

Like someone said, not even remotely like the OCC guys. This guy is a REAL bike builder! And a first rate craftsman as well.