Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rodparts Warehouse: Anyone bought from them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Moonglow, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Moonglow

Moonglow

Just saw an Ad in this month's issue of R&C (pg. 73) and saw what looks to be a great deal from "Rodparts Warehouse". They've got a rear 4 link kit for 285 bucks, or a rear bagged 4 link kit for $540.

Anyone bought from these guys? If so, did you like (or not) their product & service?

Thanks guys.

2. 31aBoy

31aBoy

I've bought from them about 3 or 4 times. It's been a couple years since the last time., but they were always slow.

Pretty sure there was a thread about these guys a few months back.

Here is there ebay page:

http://stores.ebay.com/Rodpartsdealer-Gearhead-Enterprises

If you look at there ratings, you can see they they've had 15 negatives in the last month, even though they have 97.7% positive feedback.

3. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

weve got Quaity stuff at a fair price and great tec saport

4. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

are they the ones selling walker radiators for $100 off?
    if so...i bought one from them....no problems at all..

5. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

I got a Walker from them also, no complaints here. I called the guy at about 7:00 pm and didn't expect them to answer and was going to leave a message but the guy answered, was driving and took my order. I was suprised. Good luck.

6. I bought a Deuce firewall from them off Ebay. It was $450 to my door & showed up within days. Their feedback had me a bit worried before I bid but I figured I'd take a chance.

You've got to figure, if they are doing a lot of business, & they are having a lot of it drop-shipped, & they are taking orders over the phone while driving at 7pm...... there are bound to be a few hiccups here & there.

JH

7. gtnrkix

gtnrkix

I agree, I've bought from them several times. Great prices and personal service. They will treat yiou right.

8. My opinion is if you can not touch it and take it with you....I would not buy it from them.
    There is a whole group of companies owned by the same guy. They import the heck out of stuff too. They are at the shows regionally and I heard they were not allowed back in the GG in Des Moines - that could be all rumor however. I know that when they had to send me something it took forever to get a $50.00 part.(read 5 weeks and a dozen phone calls).

Would not be my first choice for a vendor. Too many good people on the HAMB sell this kind of stuff - pay a little more and get it from someone you can trust.

9. mustangsix

mustangsix

I bought coilovers and a triangulated four link from them last week. No problems and it arrived in less than a week.

10. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Ive bought stuff from him at the nationals. I had good luck with cash and carry deals but Ive heard bad stories about ordering stuff from him.

11. hammrd29

hammrd29

ive bought a few things they seem to work pretty good but there shipping process sux

12. Moonglow

Moonglow

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys. Anyone else?

13. Gman0046

Gman0046

On another automotive web site they appear in the Buyer Beware section. Ask yourself, why all the negative feedback?
    Why take a chance on being screwed?

14. A Boner

A Boner

I bought some ss sbc headers..........they are very nice, first class.......I was a little worried........but I got them in a couple of days.
    They are very high quality. :)

15. HarryT

HarryT
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would stay away from these guys. From personal experience I can tell you that they are dishonest. Their customer service is terrible and they charge your credit card long before your item is shipped. No reputable co. does that. Also note that their ad has no address or web site listed:mad: .

16. Zaemo

Zaemo
    BANNED
    from Atlanta

Best prices on Walker radiators. Charged my card right away, but it's drop shipped right from Walker. He called it in right away, Walker was at the Nat's so it was delayed a week. Got it today, no problems, second time.

Z

17. Roadsir

Roadsir

Several years back I bought a set of Halibrands from Rodparts warehouse. That was when Halibrand was having problems, and most of the problems were generated by them. I worked things out directly with Halibrand.

Later I bought a set of VDO gauges. No problems at all. He did not have the stock (Ithink most parts ship from the mfgr) and If I remember correctly I think the gauges were dropped shipped out of Parr automotive. Not sure how he pulled this off.

I don't think RODPARTS warehouse is associated with a few of the other places in IA. Yes, low overhead, probably have to rely on the manufacturer for warranty claims etc.

18. Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Rio Grande Valley Deuce

I bought some gauges and other items from them a few years back - very competitive. No problems. I can't comment on more recent service though.

RGV

19. Kurt

Kurt

Jay works out of his house in the Quad Cities the last i knew. Lots of drop shipping, can't warehouse in a 2 car garage. Anyone have any problems let me know, i have a friend that would love to go see him.

20. trouble2

trouble2

I bought from them back in May. Received parts, some I didn't like or couldn't use, so I sent them right back, with a comfirm delivery number. They received them June 13th and I still have not received my replacement parts or my refund as of this date 8/26/08. Everytime I call the brush me off and tell me they need time, and not to worry they won't "stick me for the money" . I am about to get a lawyer on it.

21. trouble2

trouble2

Beware- they do not give your money back if you return any parts. They have been giving me the run around for 3months on parts I sent back. they have not even sent my replacement parts back yet.

22. raceratrod

raceratrod

Had several orders from them ,no problems fast delivery on some of my orders ,but mustang II A arms took about a month. Called an asked about the order and his computer system sounded like notes from a spiral note pad, as he was flipping pages.

23. Gman0046

Gman0046

Why buy anything from someone whose screwed other rodders? There's too many honest vendors out there. Yogi's have always been great to me.