Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Rodders journal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ROBERT JAM, Oct 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Still nothing, my wife update my subscription. I received 83 soon there after, so I know she isn't bullshiting me. I have sent the magazine messages on instagram, no definitive answer. Am I the last one to get it?

Lil32 likes this.
  2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I’m thinking that you hit post in the wrong thread Tom ;):D

3. Sean Smith

Sean Smith

Nothing in the UK yet

Lil32 likes this.
  4. mickeyc

mickeyc

So, after speaking to the folks at Barns and Noble, where I
    enjoyed going to purchase my copies of the Rodders Journal,
    I was informed that the publisher withdrew from distributing
    issues to this store ( New Orleans area). I understand that a
    subscription is the only way for me to obtain a copy. I did call
    the office and renew my previous subscription. The lady was
    very cordial and assured me I would get my copy#84 in a week
    maybe two. She also said I would receive 5 issues for the sales
    promotion along with a poster. The poster arrived in a week.
    The funds were deducted from my account right away. That was
    early November and still no copy. Having just relocated from
    the San Fran. area to the East along with the whole covid thing
    seems to be their excuse. I know I am cynical, but have the feelingthe whole operation may be strapped for cash. Forcing subscription purchases to obtain copies could be a cash raising
    method. I know they have a chunk of mine and I have a poster
    worth may be a couple of bucks. Many readers had their copies
    before I even applied. Come on how hard can it be to send a
    copy along. I know they are highly regarded among the Hamb
    community and I will raise some ire. Just my opinion.

Lil32 likes this.
  5. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

I Got mine Pony Express a couple weeks ago..

Lil32 likes this.
  6. Canadian Eh!

Canadian Eh!

Nothing yet in Canada. Subscribed in August and nothing. Have called, emailed and tried Facebook. I love this product but man this is really terrible. I work in publishing and even offered to help if I could...silence.

Lil32 likes this.
  7. Nothing new. I have been a subscriber for years and we are a minimum of a month slower than the US every issue and with what is going on in the world now with shipping times and the time of year we will be lucky if its only 2 months slower. Which is quickly approaching.

Sent from my SM-G950W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

trollst, Lil32 and D type like this.
  8. goldmountain

goldmountain

Received my copy today from the Old Car Centre in Langley. However, to be fair, I told them no rush on it but to send it with a blister pack of plastic clamps for my E-brake cables. Got to justify shipping costs somehow.

Lil32 likes this.
  9. Well TRJ just posted on Instagram that no copies of issue #84 headed outside the US have even been shipped yet. I hope no international subscribers are holding their breath waiting for a copy.

Lil32 likes this.
  10. Im gonna have to recheck, but I think the last issue I received might have been #80. I'm a lifetime subscriber too. As said it's usually much later to get by mail in Canada.

Lil32 likes this.
  11. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That sucks, no wonder mine isn’t here yet :(

Lil32 likes this.
  12. Rob Magnus

Rob Magnus

Try being an overseas subscriber, I live in New Zealand. Never received issue #83 now I understand we will never see it. Looks like we won't be seeing #84 anytime soon. I also paid for 10 back issues and freight and that was back in May. Email them no reply and when I call it goes straight to answer phone. I doubt my back issues were ever shipped.
    I love the magazine but quite frankly this company has bad communication and bad customer service.

Carter, C69A and Lil32 like this.
  13. Hey, I understand delays because packages have to get processed for Importation, and also the distances involved, but not because they haven't bothered to ship yet. That's not right.

Lil32, Fordors and Blue One like this.
  14. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Of course it has to be #84, the copy that features my favorite hotrod of all time.

I have my faith that they will come through but man...I hate waiting...

Lil32 likes this.
  15. 5window

5window

I feel for you, but we don't know the details.folks are sick or hours are down, the PO is a mess. Right now, I am not sure your ultimate delivery date would be faster than if they had been shipped. Sorry.

Lil32 likes this.
  16. Really? It's been 8 weeks since the first subscriber on here said they got their copy, 9 since the TRJ said issue #84 had shipped, and now they mention on social media that they haven't even shipped to international subscribers yet. Unless the building burnt down there is ZERO excuse for that kind of customer service. That doesn't even cover the posts on both Instagram and Facebook about orders of anniversary packages, shirts/calendars etc dating back as much as a year that haven't been received.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    Carter, Lil32, Algoma56 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Lil32

Lil32

well I guess no 83 in my collection is the LAST one I will get
    do not subscribe due to damage it could get in mail
    local newsagent told me importer will not tell them anything

18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Here is the text from the Instagram post for those curious.

EA2501AC-D88E-48BA-85A9-B182B6321021.jpeg 2A55CAFB-6D85-4578-91E3-AA7B504B850E.jpeg

19. 21st century. It's great.

Lil32 likes this.
  20. 5window

5window

OK. I understand your frustration, disappointment and annoyance if you are an international subscriber or have not received your issue. But, exactly what the Hell do you expect them to do?

21. Run their business like professionals. You think it is acceptable to say you have shipped something and then for 9 weeks say nothing when you haven't and then post up some lame excuse on Facebook and Instgram? Two complete countries didn't get issue #83 and won't and yet they still don't give enough of a shit to bother saying anything for over 2 months about not shipping out the next issue. Do you think it's acceptable for piles of people to be asking where the shirts, calendars, anniversary packages they all paid for months ago have gone? Do you think it is acceptable for all those same people to be saying they have emailed and called repeatedly about not receiving product and have had zero response from TRJ? People from all these countries are all receiving goods from the US with no problems so what is the common denominator here?

If any other business was doing this you would be at the front of the line with your pitch fork but it's the sacred Rodders Journal so it's "what the hell do you expect them to do" like we are in the wrong here. Hypocrisy doesn't even begin to describe that.

Carter and Gasser 57 like this.
  22. Yes, it sort of makes sense. But, International customers pay extra, ahead of time, for the shipping of their product. And, email is an easy form of bulk communication. In this case, an email could have been sent to International customers, informing them, that a new shipping process is going to be trialed, and shipment will be going out, on a certain date.

23. 5window

5window

You still haven't really expressed what would satisfy you. So, yes, what do you want? I've gotten responses whenever I emailed customer service-the last, admittedly, in June, and I don't really have a dog in this fight except that they've been fair with me. Clearly you won't be mollified, so I'll leave you to it. I do hope you receive satisfaction at some point and have a safe and happy holiday.

24. What would make me happy? Get me the stuff I paid for or tell me what is going on in a timely manner. I shouldn't have to stumble upon a Instagram post to find out they haven't shipped my stuff more than 2 months after they said they did. Stop sending me emails to buy more when you haven't even sent what I have already paid for. There are multiple people on Facebook still asking about where their 2020 calendars are in December. That is bullshit.

You didn't answer my question either how is any of what I said is happening acceptable practice by a business?

Carter, Gasser 57 and Blue One like this.
  25. goldmountain

goldmountain

It is obvious that they are experiencing difficulties. The magazine business is having a lot of troubles and the epidemic isn't helping. If some third party shredded your goods and you are already in a squeeze, what would you do?

26. Did they shred the shirts, calendars, books, anniversary packages that people are all complaining they haven't received yet? There are lots of excuses and seemingly very few solutions.

If 2 entire countries of paying customers didn't get an issue of my magazine, I would be busting my ass making sure they got the next one, not treating them as an afterthought.

PoTaToTrUcK likes this.
  27. goldmountain

goldmountain

Time to address the elephant in the room. They have money problems. I really know nothing and am making wild assumptions. Their timing couldn't possibly come at a worse time. The magazine industry is in trouble; look at the ones no longer being made. Costs increase so they move from California. Steve Coonan sells his roadster. They have to start from scratch in the new location and the pandemic hits. To generate money coming in, they sell lifetime subscriptions, shirts, calendars, books,etc. The issues that they have money tied up in get shredded. Their newsstand delivery system collapses so their main income is the subscription sales. They send out the copies to the U.S. because the postage costs are way less. Makes sense to me. Give them a break. If they make good on everything, it would be wonderful but I'm sure that they are trying the best they can given their circumstances.

5window likes this.
  28. PoTaToTrUcK

PoTaToTrUcK

Attention New Zealand and Australia FORD hot rodders, I have a #83 un-opened.
    First one to PM me your address I will send it south. (it is Christmas)

If it makes any of you feel better, I re-subscribed over a year ago and have received two magazines, both months late.
    I am done with them once my subscription expires. Tired of all the crap emails, tired of months of waiting.
    I could walk it here quicker.
    I ship cross border regularly and have no issues, with TRJ it is unbelievable. If they did care they would take an example from the success stories that are out there.
    I have read them cover to cover for 60+ issues but it is time to start sending my money to Rodding USA.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    acme30 and swifty like this.
  29. acme30

acme30
    from Australia

For all the guys in the USA its great that Rodder's Journal answers your email and provides you good customer service and looks after you:)

But they do not show the same curiosity to their overseas customers. I am a lifetime subscriber and haven't seen issue 83 now it looks like no 84. I also have paid for and am awaiting tshirts.

I have emailed them and they do not respond.

I do not have facebook or instagram so posting excuses up there is of no use to me. They have my email details and could have emailed me direct with the latest information but have chosen not to do so.

I still regularly purchase from other companies and individuals in the USA and my items arrive but not from Rodders Journal

I love their mag and have all copies back to number 1 but I am feeling well and truly shafted but the Rodders Journal team.

Most of the guys on HAMB seam to think Rodders Journal guys are gods who can do no wrong and are a quailty operation but seriously would you be happy if they took your money, did not supply what you paid for and then refused to communicate with you?

There are lots of great people in the USA with big hearts and good intent including potatotruck but Rodders Journal well.......... lets just say they aren't on my Christmas list.

Jeff Hitchins Australia

Carter, C69A, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.