Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Rodder's Journal offering Lifetime offer again

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, Feb 15, 2018.

1. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

Im in! Good deal for us young guys!
    Im sure RJ will be around long enough for my $350 worth
    Thanks RJ.... :)

pat59 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

I’ve been waiting for the update announcement from TRJ referenced here. It could be this show that is going to be held in April. Haven’t checked the message board yet, but I’ll go there now. I think right coast, Charlotte N.C- invitation only. Anybody else got anything on this?

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  3. Here's the flier. cebeab3c-7aa6-41ca-b1f0-5b5feda4b7db.jpeg

elgringo71 likes this.
  4. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Thanks Don-thought it was in my e-mail this morning as I was deleting solicitations.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. slug

slug

By invitation only etc I don't think this one will replace the Revivals although it sounds interesting if you are close by.

6. I’ve heard rumors- and maybe it is just a rumor- about TRJ bringing the printing of the magazine back to the United States. Has anyone else heard the same? I wonder if the Lifetime subscriptions are in some way connected with the possible change.

D-Russ and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. goldmountain

goldmountain

Seems to me that I got static from saying that it was cheaper for me to buy Rodder's Journal from the store than by subscription. I said that it cost me $15.99 Canadian per issue. Well, I forgot about the GST tax which puts it to $16.79. Doing the math, the lifetime subscription still doesn't quite work out for me. $350 works out to $448.71 based on the looney being worth $.78. or 6.68 years. Incidentally, I looked on their website and it said the lifetime subscription was $450. Then there is that darn tapemeasure analogy. Checking out my old Street Rodder mags, I read Pat Ganahl's editorial welcoming Steve to the team where I deduce that Steve and I are about the same age. I just turned 65. Now how much longer until retirement? Anyhow, I really enjoy Rodder's Journal and would be pleased if I manage to lose money by not taking up the offer.

8. I was in this show last year with my Roadster, along with all the guys from the Iron Lords. It was a really cool show and this year should be great as well with TRJ being involved with it. It is in a building that was at one time a Ford assembly Plant, then a bomb factory during WWII. Just a good time. I'll be heading back this year weather I get the roadster in the show again or not.

D-Russ and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. verde742

verde742

After about 75 issues and MANY calls to the staff at TRJ and even quitting subscription for a time and buying them at So-Cal. Then re-starting subscription, I have quit again.

I absolutely love the content, but the delivery of the messages drive me up the wall.
    When your old, one sometimes requires great eyes or glasses.
    Eye doctor told me I do not need glasses at 74 years old, Well I don't to read newspaper, or computer. But when it applies only to TRJ. The doctor agreed with me, I took an issue with me to eye doctor..

My BITCH: the small lettering OR the background, one time the whole issue, (darn near ) had Black background with white letters. A Whole page with a small description of picture discreetly at bottom, makes me cringe, Cost must have something to do with the size of the letter and / or numbers? But putting lettering with tree leaves in the background is just poor editing or laziness.. I called several time to ask that lettering size be increased or at least tried.

After reading most issues with a magnifying glass, page by page, I finally gave up again.
    God knows I love the Delivery of Pat, and contributors, MISS the pictures.

There is a reason Readers Digest make the BIG Print version.
    Remember each year Goodguys membership and NSRA, gets a year older.

Rant over.

Sincerely,
    Bob Huffman
    ( no Longer supporting subscriber of TRJ)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    TagMan and hidez57 like this.
  10. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Is this the Bob Huffman “Video Bob”?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. verde742

verde742

really tried to start a conversation with you, didn't work. Nope, I am not. and never heard of "Video Bob" I did get referred to as "Bo Huff " a few times, because of Bondo slinging..

where can I see "Video Bob's work?

12. gdaddy

gdaddy
    from nw fl.

I agree with the small print , sometimes in the "gravel under the car" . wonder sometimes if they try to read it after it is published .

13. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Video Bob did a lot of KKOA shows. Rebel Run shows, did F-100 show @pigeon Forge, etc. etc. A great guy. At one time I think he even did something with the “KUSTOM’s of AMERICA” He was around a long time. Probably retired now. I had an 56 F-100 that he claimed he took pictures of 20 years before we met @ Lima, Ohio. That had to be sometime around 2004. I’ve seen some post by other H.A.M.B.ER’s referring to Bob, so I’m sure they will contribute. If you are in the same company as Mr. Bo Huff...that’s a very good place (respectable) to be. Later-Lou