Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rod places in the DC, Bethesda Area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ozzie, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Ozzie

Ozzie

Hey there folks, I'm on a job in Bethesda, MD and have a few days off. What is there to do on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday?
    Any HotRod parts places or cruiz in's within oh....75 miles of bethesda?

Ozzie

2. TOE

TOE

Most cruises around here are done for the season (at least the Friday and Saturday ones).

If you're still in town Sunday there is one cruise that goes year round.

It's at the intersection of Rt 29 and 198 in Burtonsville, MD. There's a Dunkin Donuts there. They usually start at 8 AM.

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Hey Ozzie, does this mean you won't be in Daytona at Thanksgiving for the Turkey Rod Run??:eek:

4. gmchevolds

gmchevolds

hey, burtonsville donunt church hangout is always good, even if its cold out. as listed above.
    there is a bar in downtown silverspring called the "Quarry House Tavern" it has live music fri. and sat. for lack of better terms; they generally play rockabilly style music, or whatever you want to call it. (50s 60s coverbands) this place has a great nostalgic feel to it. there will be a band fri, but not sure who they are. they are at the corner of bonifant street, and georgia ave-8401

5. Ozzie

Ozzie

Denise, I will absolutely be at the Turkey Rod Run, I'll be there friday, sat and sunday, then fly back to DC on Tuesday.
    GM and Toe, Thanks for the info but Sunday I'll be working from 6:30 am till 8pm as usual, This show I'm on needs to be shot totally in the daytime so with it getting dark so early (5pm!!) we have to get a sart on the day first light.) But if that show is year round, I'll try it in early december.
    I think I'm gonna head out to Denton and check out the Hot Rod garage places on river rd. Seems to be a few places there.
    Thanks folks!!

If there are any other placs to go to tonight tomorrow or Friday, let me know!!

6. Jackt1932

Jackt1932

If you are going to Denton there is the Hot Rod Fabrication Shop at 24692 Meeting House Road, Denton. This shop is about a mile up the road before you get to the Hot Rod Garage.

Look for the big antique shop on your left going down the by pass road. The fab shop is behind this shop.

7. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Denton good lord dont send a friend to the Eastern shore with out a lot of prep! Ozzie in the DC area go check out the Adams Morgan section there is a cool place call Madams Organ , least there was years back. You might want to look in to the cruise in at the Glen Burnie Mall caution around the girls that still have big hair!