Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Rod & Custom 1963 Oakland Roadster Show Interview ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pimpin paint, Feb 26, 2009.

1. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

I know I'm really reachin' on this one, but stranger things have happened......

In 1963 Rod & Custom magazine arranged an interview at the Oakland Roadster Show with, dig this line up: George Barris, Ed ''Big Daddy'' Roth, Darryl Starbird, Gene Winfield, Bill Cushenbery, and Joe Wilhelm with R & C editor Bill Newmann m.cing, while Andy Southard banged off photos!

Man, to have been a fly on the wall that day, there!

My question is- was a transcript ever recorded of the interview, and does anyone have a copy? Did Rod & Custom Magazine run coverage of the show & interview? Anyone have an index of magazine coverage from 1963?

Yeah, like I said, I'm reachin'!
    Thanx,

Swankey Devils C.C.
    "It's time for another Tea Party ! "

2. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Is this the one where Barris sez "east coast guys spend too much on beer and movies", and Roth sez "let the kids eat beans"? How could I remember that and don't know a lick of algebra? Or was that a different interview?

3. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

I don't know what all was said at the '63 interview, just looking for a copy, if one exists.

Thanx,

Swankey Devils C.C.
    " It's time for another Tea Party ! "