Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rod and Custom wedding pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wayfarer, Nov 6, 2003.

1. wayfarer

wayfarer

Does anyone else have cool wedding pictures with their rod or custom in them? Here's one of my wife and I from last summer.

Attached Files:

2. hudson_hawk

hudson_hawk

are you polishing the car w/ her dress?

3. wayfarer

wayfarer

not really, but it's supposed to look that way. In reality, the beading on her dress would have scratched the crap out of the dodge

4. Plowboy

Plowboy

I got married in my Model A. I don't know if there are any pics or not. It started raining and we hauled ass to the reception.

5. warpigg

warpigg
    from gypsy

i got married in a church. i thought about a model a, but it would have had to be a sedan to fit all my wife's guests...

6. Not a Rod or a Custom, but we drove off in the Rolls Royce....sorry to kill this thread

Attached Files:

7. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

I was asked by the Bride's parents to haul these newly weds from the Chruch to the Holiday Inn for the reception.
    Jim

8. I'd be afraid to use an old car I think for my wedding someday. I remember when my goddamn car broke down with 4 people in it on the way to senior prom. I still hate it for that one.

9. 55olds88

55olds88

I've done a bunch of weddings for friends etc, with only one Divorce so far, my mate and he was worried that the car had broken down on the way with the Wife to be aboard...... fact was we were late waiting for her to quit pissing around, woulda been much better for him if I had left her somewhere [​IMG])

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

here's one of my car at my friends' wedding. I drove the best man and bride's maid. Too bad I don't have any pics of the bride and groom push starting the car (I polarized the generator backwards! oops!) They all had a good laugh though.

Attached Files:

11. Hellfish

Hellfish

here's the car that drove my friends

it started right up.

Attached Files:

12. Hellfish

Hellfish

another view

Attached Files:

13. Rix2Six

Rix2Six
    from So. Cal.

We got pictures taken in my '26 complete with my wife's train over the trunk. I don't have it scanned though.

14. My mom and dad married in a '57 Bel Air... Back in 1963!
    I'll try to find some pics...

15. jeff

jeff

i just heard a story about a guy that left the church with his bride in his lowrider, he put the car on three wheels pulling out of the parking lot, the front tire blew out and he lost control and crashed. no one was hurt and i think they just laughed about it. -jeff

16. Curt Six

Curt Six

Wayfarer - you and your wife are straight out of CARtoons...the illustration below is one available from George Trosley (http://www.georgetrosley.com)

My wife and I were taken to and from our wedding in a '53 Cadillac. I'll see if I can find some pictures that I can scan easily...

Curt

Attached Files:

17. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

here is ours....
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. wayfarer

wayfarer

Curt, that's where I got the idea from. I gave a copy of that trosley cartoon to the photographer and that picture is what he came up with. Oh, and Kojak, I know what you mean. We took my friend's dad's '34 ford to our senior prom. He put a hole in the oil pan pulling out of a driveway and never looked at the oil pressure guage, until the big block seized up about three blocks from the prom. We had to walk into the dance, call his dad and then push the car in our tuxes, in the rain, onto a trailer. Oh, the joys of hot rodding.

19. Cword

Cword

[​IMG]

There was no way Susan was riding in the rumble seat, so we didn't get chauffeured, I drove, the top hat even stayed on.

We also used the car at my brother-in-laws wedding.

20. Rainer

Rainer

me too - but with chauffeur - the first time didn't drove the car myself [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Ham

Ham

Here's one in my buddy's 55 New Yorker... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Ham

Ham

Another of Mrs. -HAM- [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Ham

Ham

Last One...
    [​IMG]

24. wayfarer

wayfarer

Groomsmen

Attached Files:

25. wayfarer

wayfarer

bridesmaids

Attached Files:

26. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

see a theme here?
    the cake:

Attached Files:

27. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

The girls:

Attached Files:

28. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

the shoes:

Attached Files:

29. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

the guys in their flamed vests/shoes

Attached Files:

30. I wanted to get on this right away, but I didn't have any pics scanned. Some great shots there guys (and gals).

We didn't really have Hot Rods or Customs at our wedding, but we did have two Cadillacs, a T-Bird and a Galaxie.

My wife to be and her Dad got chauffered to the ceremony in a '64 (or was it a '65) Coupe de Ville.

[​IMG]

Here's Sue's dad Pete doing his best CIA impersonation.

[​IMG]

By the time the girls were ready to leave, me and the boys had already rolled up to the Hot Rod Show in my mate's '64 Galaxie and another guys '64 T-Bird.

[​IMG]

Of course, when you're walking around a Hot Rod Show, comfortable shoes are a must.

[​IMG]

The photographer got a little artsy-fartsy for a while...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We had 6 bridesmaids and 6 groomsmen. Here's the convoy we needed to carry everyone. Right down the back is another mate's Cadillac Fleetwood Limo. It's got the high roof and jump seats and seats 9, although we have had 14 in it before!

[​IMG]

We've got an 18x12 version of this shot hanging in our bedroom (I knew I'd get a car picture in there somehow. [​IMG])

[​IMG]

...and an even bigger one of this one hanging in the living area (sorry, no cars). Most people don't even realise it's one of our wedding photos.

[​IMG]

...and yes these are scans of the proofs, but all of those pics ended up in our album.

As you can (hopefully) tell, we had a professional photographer for our wedding and we paid BIG $$$ for it. A lot of people freak out about the price that wedding photographers charge. I reckon it's worth every cent.

We met with 3 or 4 different photographers that were recommended by a friend. They were all good, but in the end we went with the guy that we got on with best. Remember you're going to have this guy around all day, so if you don't get on with him/her it can really affect what should be the best day of your life.

Like I said, we spent a bunch of dough, but in the end, you can always make more money, but you'll never be able to capture those moments again.

Geez... am I GAY?? [​IMG]