Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Rod and custom magazine

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by gasmanm01, Aug 21, 2019.

1. a boner

a boner

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    lurker mick and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I got started with Rod and Custom when Pat brought it back from the dead. I've never seen any of the little mags or the full sized ones before it's first demise. I just happened to pick up that first new issue that boldly declared, "We're Back!!!", just to see what it was all about, and was hooked. A lot of the historical references went over my head as I wasn't familiar with them, like Pat's series on the "Floyd Lippencote" dragster, I didn't have a clue who he was talking about but loved the way he presented the story, I was hooked! I stayed with R&C for a while after Pat left, but it just wasn't the same. For a long time, I subscribed to R&C and Street Rodder both, then finally dropped both.

Once again, I can get that great writing and knowledge that Pat is known for from his blog. It's like R&C all over again without all the ads and bs. Just like the mag, you may have to wait a bit for his next post, but it's well worth it!

3. a boner

a boner

Yes, his HOT ROD & CUSTOM CAR knowledge and writing style is second to none.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. catdad49

catdad49
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, he's one to the best. Always enjoy his stories and how-tos, have all of his recent work tucked away in a safe place.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. musclecars

musclecars

Thank you sir for the very helpful info.There are only a handful of magazines I subscribe to that I have every issue of and am glad I can continue that with Speed and Kulture.

Church Key and Austinrod like this.