Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ROCKY MOUNTAIN RACE WEEK??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by organgrinder 1, Jan 14, 2021.

1. organgrinder 1

organgrinder 1

so i haven't been on here much lately but it hit me this morning i don't remember any H.A.M.B members doing race week last year. i went and ended up with 2nd place in the gasser class but better than that i put 1298 miles on the coupe and my 17 yrs ago built 454! it's very laid back and never was any pressure on who was going how fast and who was winning. i ran in the 11.s each nite so to me it wasn't about racing but more about the trip in the car and hanging out with one of my boys and my other friends. we camped at the tracks each nite got up slow and easy each morning made breakfast and headed off to the next track. Keith Fox was there in his coupe the first day but something went wrong and he dropped out. anyway was wondering if any of you have thought about doing this event? i'm trying to get the word out to the hot rod crowd so we can have more cool cars instead of all that new stuff...lol

Attached Files:

2. organgrinder 1

organgrinder 1

here's a link if you're interested https://www.facebook.com/Rockymountainraceweek/
    one of my favorite things that happened after we got back was hearing my son telling his buddies about the trip...said it was the most fun he'd ever had with his car! that was absolutely worth all it took to get my car ready and go!

loudbang and egads like this.
  3. I'd love to do it someday!

loudbang likes this.
  4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - Thanks for posting

loudbang likes this.