Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rochesters, Mallory, Edmunds for '50 Olds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hat Man, May 26, 2006.

1. Hat Man

Hat Man
    from Omaha, NE

Just scored these for my Olds. There being shipped now. The Mallory a dual point and the coil is a 6 volt unit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

hell of a score :eek:
    i wanna make some wire looms like that for my Olds.
    are those air cleaners made out of unobtainium? :confused:
    Rocketeers!:D

3. Hat Man

Hat Man
    from Omaha, NE

I had heard about this set up but never actually seen them till I came across them on ebay. How rare are they?

4. lakes modified

lakes modified
    Member Emeritus

The original air cleaners like those are hard to find. I saw that setup on ebay, but i think it ended before it was suppose to, as i was going to bid on it. Not to worry tho, as i recast the air cleaners and have been doing that for over 15 yrs, off and on. I sell them with the original wire mesh filter or with K&N's. They fit 97's and other carbs with a 2 5/8 inch air horn.If interested in the air cleaners, PM me, as i have a special price for HAMB'ers.

5. VintageIgnition

VintageIgnition
    Alliance Vendor
    from ma

6. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

How rare? I've seen three of them in the past 25 years. I was watching this one on ebay until it ended early when you got it, you filthy bastard! Just kidding. I already had the intake, and recently picked up a pair of air cleaners from LakesModified--they are flawless, by the way. I've also got a similar pair of Edmunds air cleaners for the oval neck backdraft Carters.

7. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

Me too! :( :( :(

Anywho, when you get it in, can you look under the intake and see what year is stamped into it? I'm guessing 52

8. Hat Man

Hat Man
    from Omaha, NE

Just got them in. The manifold is stamped "OLDS 52" on the bottom. A few people have said the auction ended early, not for me. I watched right to the end. Only had one other bidder. Look in the completed auctions, the guy spelled Edmunds with an "O" (Edmonds) in his listing. I was very surprised it went for what it did. But not having seen one of these set-ups sell before I wasn't completely sure. I just think it will look cool on my '51 88a. Just have to figure out how to run it with the Hydro. The linkage can be tricky I here.

9. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

That's awesome..... You should be alright gettin it to work with your Hydro. Them old ad for the intakes usually only said the 4x2s were not for Hydros. :) :D

10. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

wow is all i can say, i'm jealous, but then again i bet you would be jealous if you saw my olds rocket stash ;)

11. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

i know i would be :D
    my Rocket parts collection has WAY too many cast iron intake manifolds :rolleyes:

12. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

good score. I ran a similiar set up on my 50 olds conv.. traded for a 2x4 set up. it works with a hydro. I set it up as a teen ager. in 56.

13. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

I don't even have a stash... :(

14. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Don't feel bad--the only reason I have as much Olds stuff as I do is that I was buying it before the vintage speed equipment hysteria hit. I bought the Transdapt Olds to GM 4 speed bell housing that I'm using on my A ten years ago for $25!

15. 55olds88

55olds88

Nice, after spending an hour or so at a local show the other day I figured I will have to use the Edelbrock 4x2 I have as everyone is running 3x2's on stuff here, all I need now is some good carbs, had the 3x2 (off a J2) Rochesters dummied up too....

16. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

I just passed up a set of those wire looms at Long Beach swap today.

Very nice score.