Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Rochester 4 jet help.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mitchell Rish, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Can anyone tell me if I can swap the small base from 4jet Rochester ( 265 sbc) to a later 4 jet Rochester from a 1965 olds. They look the same from the top but obviously the throttle bores / base plate are smaller etc. got a good one from a later olds. My original is junk and beyond a rebuild.
    Would like to keep the original look at least.
    Thanks.

2. oj

oj

Nope. What happened to yours, those things are chunks of cast iron, pretty hard to screw them up terminally.

3. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Broke two ears off. Cleaning shop and it fell from shelf. I need one. I really don't want to swap intakes and the adapters look like crap.

4. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

weld the cast iron with a nickel rod.

5. I have two of those 4bbl Rochesters in the shop somewhere if you want one I would be glad to check them to see if they are the same as yours. You pay the postage and you can have one......Merry Christmas! HOHOHO

loudbang, Hnstray and Chucky like this.
  6. ^^^Good on you Santa!^^^

7. Take a look at the Olds carb I have listed here. Mine has larger secondaries, which you should be able to see in the pictures. I need to lower the price on it. Feel free to make an offer.

8. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Vtwhead Hey you are not kidding. I'll pay the shipping. Can you shoot a pic when you find. The olds carb I have is a complete dang near perfect 4 jet for a 65 olds. I just don't want to run an adapter for it. There also is nt enough metal there to mill out for the large secondaries. It will physically bolt on.
    The 265 4 jet has # 7008737. It has the tiny primaries and secondaries. I have already taken My mill and made an adapter but I hate adapter s other than on a transmissions. My zip is 38851.
    Thanks Mitch.
    662 542 0796. If you can send the pics by text. If you can get a bottom shot.

9. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Problem solved. VThead saved the day.

loudbang likes this.