Register now to get rid of these ads!

Roadster stolen at Pomona

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by barebones32, Jan 30, 2011.

1. A Boner

A Boner

This sucks........................................... HOW ABOUT A STICKY!!!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Please. like someone in the middle east ordered a roadster? Odds are they took the drivetrain and crushed the rest.

You'd have to be an idiot to keep that around in 1 piece.

Then again, thieves aren't known to be rocket scientists, so maybe it'll turn up, I hope so!

The kicker? Most stolen cars are only worth a couple hundred bucks in cash or drugs to a chop shop. That's it.

3. HRod 50

HRod 50

Thats shocking. I tried to park in the Sheraton lot, when it was taking forever to get into the GNRS, and they had 2 people not letting anyone park there.. That sucks, I'll keep an out for you.. Sorry for your loss

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Gonna keep happening guys until the utube of a thief getting their hands chopped off along with the attending screams of unmedicated pain goes out over the internet.
    Extreme?.............bet your ass..........but one thing you''ll know for sure.......that will be one low life scum that won't be stealing any more hot rods.................well, at least without some help to do the steering.

Frank

5. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Noone is safe and nothing is sacred. We can only take steps to make ourselves safer.

Back up and good luck.

6. michaelmoore

michaelmoore

sounds good to me. sorry bout your car

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok even wandering around drunk after the after party last night so^^eone should have seen so^^ething out of the nor^^. Repo rig lurking? Enclosed trailer where it shouldn't be at that ti^^e close to the hotel?

I'd think that the car was either pushed around the corner or snatched with a repo rig. I've never known anyone with a blown car yet that could get his own car to fire right off and take off down the street without a bit of finesse and they usually ^^ake enough distinctive noise to wake even the soundest sleepers.

t

8. Another bump for you Chick. Should get a sticky pretty soon. This really sucks! It's time for some Horse Thief justice instead of the slap on the wrist car thieves usually get.

9. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

damn this sucks! me and my brother were talking about this happening Sat night when we were leaving. seen a chevy custom sitting in the parking lot in the dark with the windows down like its all cool.

10. Sorry to hear this! I am sick of hearing about rides getting ripped off. If I ever caught someone I would drop them on the spot! Will keep a look out up here.

11. DRD57

DRD57

I don't like to hear about anyone getting ripped off but this is particularly disturbing. Chick is one of the finest human beings in the hobby. I hope the car is recovered unharmed.

12. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

i keep an eye out

13. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Man That sucks!

14. daddio211

daddio211

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Chick, sorry to hear about this. The HAMB has been instrumental in a few recoveries lately and I hope this one is brought home safely too. We'll be watching in Southern Utah for ya!

15. That's just plain rotten....

16. fauxsmobile

fauxsmobile

good luck man .this shouldnt be happening to anyone with this passion

17. Mercchev

Mercchev

18. ciscokid

ciscokid

Sorry to hear about your car. I will keep an eye out in the SF bay area

19. krayola

krayola

That's horrible. I'm in Pomona, next to the Shilo In and ever time without fail when a car shows in town there is prowlers checking out the cars, checking out trailers parked in either of the two lots on either side of Temple Ave. Last night I had to go tell the Shilo Hotel clerk that there was some Honda homies checking out a car trailer and rig parked on the incline. Every year I have come across suspicious dudes checking out the tarped or trailer cars.

20. TRAVS ROD SHOP

TRAVS ROD SHOP
    from northwest

bump for you..Cant imagine the feeling....Good Luck

21. DiabloMann

DiabloMann
    from colorado

Another bump, man I have to agree with fab32. Best of luck to ya! Everyone else please be carefull on the moveout!

22. historynw

historynw

Good luck, hope she turns up soon...btt

23. ShiftyRat

ShiftyRat

Keeping our eyes open for you down here. Hopefully the mods can put this on a sticky uptop if there not to busy!

24. So sorry to hear that your hot rod has been taken, Chick. I truly hope it is recovered soon and in one piece. I also hope they cut the nuts off the SOB that took it. You've reported the theft to the Pomona PD. I'm hopeful their detectives are smart enough to alert the feds since the So. Ca. area is so close to border crossings and ports of entry/exit. If they haven't told you already, you might want to politely ask. The feds they want to be talking with are not Border Patrol exactly. That organization is now known as CBP - Customs & Border Patrol. It's the Customs guys who are inspecting vehicles crossing the borders and inspecting containers at the docks, but it's primarily incoming. BP covers the rest of the border where the drug traffickers, smugglers, and other illegals are sneaking in. Chances are your rod is still in the local area. I'm hopeful the local PD Auto Squads will work together to recover it.

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Wow, sorry to hear, this really sucks.

26. FONZI

FONZI

27. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Hi Chick I know this sucks & is gut wrenching , ears & eyes open for the parts or car , this is getting out of hand !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. voodoo1

voodoo1

man that sucks. Hope for the best

29. jangleguy

jangleguy

Damn it... watching the Cal/Oregon line.

30. genosslk

genosslk

Good luck, hope you get it back..... Insured?????

Trouble is.... these cars are usually all apart in mere hours after they are stolen. Often too they are wrapped up and shipped to Japan and other foreign countries in containers. Big market for hot rods over there. I had a friend that got his car stolen and it was found in Japan one month later. He never got it back due to all the politics and the officials not wanting to help. Good thing he had insurance on it.