Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Roadster, hot rod wire wheels/ Coker

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by neverdun, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Does anyone have any experience with ROADSTER wire wheels sold at Coker? I m thinking about getting a set for my '32 but I haven't heard anything about them.
    Thanks

2. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Yes. I have used their Hot Rod Wires.
    I always thought Coker used Wheel Vintique wire wheels but if what I think I just read on their (Roadsterwirewheel.com) website is accurate then maybe not. Seems like Coker has a series of companies of which Roadster Wire Wheels is now one. I HAVE used the Hot Rod Wires wheels purchased directly from Coker (who made them...?? I don't know) on several occasions; never much of a problem. One set had a lot of run-out and another has to be returned because the silicone used to seal the rim (where the wires invade the rim) failed. These were replaced no problem, even though they had been painted. Never had a use for any of the OEM chrome styles. Hopefully helpful.

3. Yes it is. Hopefully there will be a few more to chime in.

4. No chrome for the deuce, ivory with green stripes and '32 caps. Thanks for the reply. I'm tired of polishing the Halibrands already.