Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ROAD TRIPS IN A HOT ROD OR CUSTOM

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Gman0046

Gman0046

Our Son lives in Killington Vermont. We usually visit in September and go to the NSRA Nats in Burlington VT. Peak foliage is usually around October 1. Great time to visit pleasant temps during the day and fireplace on at night.

Gary

2. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

[​IMG]

One of the most enjoyable road trips we have been on in my wagon was to the 1954 nationals.

chryslerfan55, upspirate and loudbang like this.
  3. manyolcars

manyolcars

I am 300 miles from home, driving my 1959 ford.

WillyKJr and loudbang like this.
  4. I have to agree, the way to really enjoy the trip is to travel in a vintage car or truck if you want to meet interesting folks! The trip truly is the destination. Although.. there was a destination involved this trip, a fellow club member and I took the Mercury on a 3,300mi. round trip in the heat and the wind and enjoyed every moment of it!
    Here we are, still in cooler temps, stopped to deal with a leaky old jerry can (brake clean & duct tape):
    IMG_3891 copy.jpg

Dave

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and upspirate like this.
  5. I did the cross country thing back in 67 in a 65 corvette roadster. I don't think I could stay awake that long now! Oh and don't drive through the desert with the top down and no shirt on:oops:

6. oldsman41

oldsman41

we take the 41 olds out the old highway system stay off the interstate as much as possible. 20 years of trips and all the memories are priceless.

loudbang likes this.

7. Peggy & I usually go to the Oregon/Washington/Ca. DSCN2108.JPG coast every fall in the 32 roadster. No plans just head for the coast. It is a two day ride over & two days back ,that is if we don't stop at too many places to play the tourist. Point ST GEORGE light house in Crescent City Ca. where I fished commercially. It was sure good to see the many days when the area was fogged in. We won't be doing this too much any more as we will be in the desert of Az permenately.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  8. manyolcars

manyolcars

In this weather I wish I had air conditioning

loudbang and rodncustomdreams like this.