Register now to get rid of these ads!

Roach Rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by superchargednailhead, Feb 1, 2005.

1. superchargednailhead

superchargednailhead

Just got this email from a friend of mine. " Jon look what's sitting in my garage I will be bringing it home to West Side for a winter project" COOL!!! If this is true I can't wait to see it.

Attached Files:

2. superchargednailhead

superchargednailhead

Another

Attached Files:

3. superchargednailhead

superchargednailhead

1 More

Attached Files:

4. Paul

Paul
    Editor

cool, but I gotta ask, where's the rest of it?

Paul

5. Antibilly

Antibilly

Hey what gives?

6. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

Cool Jon, the turtle deck is neat, it has some styling of the McKenzie roadster which was the runner up at the oakland roadster show in 56.

7. FWilliams

FWilliams

thats a shame, sorry to see it parted out..........

i got a chance to ride in it when Sam owned it, wish i would have bought it now......

Fred

8. Django

Django
    from Chicago

The Roach Rod has been parted out!! :confused: :eek:

9. Antibilly

Antibilly

Famous last words as you pull out of the old mans driveway in his car he has owned for 60 years. "Ill never change a thing I promise" turn the corner and pull it straight into the shop and start cutting the roof off!!
    hahahaahah

10. WOW seems like just yesterday it was on the cover of R&C.

11. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Yep, that is sad to see it all apart.

12. There has got to be more to this story, Yes it would be a shame to see the car redone and changed.

It could be a future milestone car.

13. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

I thought for a second it was someone making a copy, to part that car out is a strange, why buy a driver if your going to part it out. Weird.

14. nobux

nobux

What happened to the rest of it?

15. kroozn1

kroozn1

If the Roach Rod is going to be redone ... that dash should be saved and auctioned off on a HAMB auction.
    It was a proud time for those of us with our names on it.
    Carl

16. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I feel sick. What happened to the rest of it?

17. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA

Our very own MilesM just handed me the cash and drove off in the Roach Rod. It makes me happy to know that someone who appreciates the car is now owning it... when I asked him what he was going to do with it he said "I'm going to drive it and continue having fun with it".

That's cool.

Wishing you a safe trip home and a lot of fun with your new car.

And yes, I got what I wanted for it.

Sam

(From an earlier thread.) :rolleyes:

pigpen

18. av8

av8

Some people don't get it, never will.

Sam was pretty bummed when he heard that this might happen, actually hoped maybe the guy was just messing with his head, a little good-natured kidding around.

19. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

Not that it is any of my business, but was MilesM the one who parted it out or was it sold to someone else and parted out.

20. Steve

Steve

thats a damn shame. Wheres the rest of it. Seems like only yesterday I was handing over my old engine block to C9 to haul up to Sams place after he blew the first one in the roach rod and now its in pieces.

21. Roothawg

Roothawg

My question is how could you make any money doing it that way? A running driving car is always worth more, or at least I would think that it would be.
    Very strange indeed.

22. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Lest we forget...

Attached Files:

23. It's 11:43 and MilesM is online right now, if he wanted to tell us, he could.

24. Calm down guys! The body is in good hands, trust me. Joe is a long time friend of mine and I have built him two stellar cars before and Joe's plans for the RR body will blow your mind and keep in "TRADITIONAL" guidelines. This is a plan we have been talking about since the RR showed up at my shop a few months ago.

As for the rest of the car MilesM and I worked a deal on a 27 roadster body I have had in storage for years. The chassis is getting lengthened a bit and will recieve a new hood and possibly a bellypan and (GASP!) paint and upholstry! We are shooting for the LA Roadster show.

So hang on tight we are not ruining your history, just following in the footsteps of our forefathers.

25. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

This all sounds like a setup...
    I sure hope someone wouldn't take that car apart.
    There's no addition or change that would improve that car.
    Some guys shouldn't be buying any old cars.
    Yes, they just don't get it........... :(

26. MilesM

MilesM

Wow, already getting PM,s. What you see is the only thing being changed. I traded the body to ElPolako for a nice 27 Roadster body that is going back on. Looking for a turtle deck still. It might even get paint now which is what Sam wanted to see.

Not sure what is happining with the old body but it was on the car the other day though so I do not know what he did with it yet. ElPolako had a rear engine modified that the body I traded him for was taged for so I thought it might be used for that but he might have sold or traded it. Looks like it will live again.

When I bought the car Sam said I could do what I wanted with it but when I told him about this redo he said he would start a save the Roach Rod drive!

27. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

Thats a godamn shame if the Roach Rod really has been parted out to be COMPLETLY REDONE and bear no resembalence to it's former self. I f you want to build a some fucking all out show car, start with a car that everybody does'nt love already, just my 2¢.
    As far as the dash goes, if the whole car is being re-done, I do belive that it should be removed and auctioned off ON THE HAMB and the procedes given to Ryan. It's obvious that the new owner has no appreciation for all that went into the car and what it represented...at least to us old HAMBrs.
    I know it's just and car and that cars come and cars go...but some are special.

28. You guys are just going to have to trust me on this. Every part is in good hands.

29. You my friend are ignorant. It is Miles' car, the title is in his name. Most of you act like YOU own thae car!!!!!!! I see this thread getting locked.