Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods RISE UP and REVOLT!...... Little Red Truck build....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobbleed, Nov 23, 2011.

1. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Hey Bob thats a bad ass lil truck. I drive mine daily too and my steering box is crapping out too.

2. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Is that Live Wire on the wall? hahaha awesome!

3. I feel Bosh owes you some compensation for pushing their product....just sayin

4. F&J

F&J

in case you can't get a 33/4 box; here is a local 32 with early Olds with stock starter, using a F100 box. Fit was good, not hitting.

Attached Files:

5. A.S.S. sells out... too funny!;)

6. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Yeah that comercial was fun! especially being the drill was spinning backwards! haha

Just checked out the little truck and its the box for sure.... There is room for an f1 box, but it will have to be moved back..... its kind of one of those domino type deals...

So eventually I would like to change it over, but id really like to just change it out for now... I need to get it back on the road.... ANyone got one?

7. titus

titus

I have some cores for rebuilding Bob, but that really doesnt help you.

My buddy had a jig for cutting and remachining the end of a f100 box to fit in the spot of a 34. on the f100 boxes the steering shaft comes out at the bottom of the sector like the stock 32-34 boxes,so it should fit in the same spot as the stock box.

you can also just cut the flange off the f100 box and make a new one to weld to it.

JEFF

8. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

you can get all the rebuild parts from MACs, pretty cheap and easy to do.
    Just did one, the only tricky bit is being careful to not bend the steering shaft whilst pressing on the new worm! Theyre no F1, but they work ok when correctly rebuilt. I wouldnt scrounge another (probably) bad one..just fix yours.
    seeya at the roundup!

9. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Wow you"re coming to the round up.... AWESOME!!

Yeah I am so busy between now and the round up I am hoping just to find a good box and through it in.... If I can't find one in the next few days I'll probably just go the F 1 route.....

I wanted to put one in in the first place but it woundn't fit because of the Set back on the olds..... It will work if I move it back an inch or two.... the stock one barely fits and even if I swap the flange I think the F1 is just enough bigger that it wont work in the stock location.....

10. From the pictures we couldn't see all the long hours, all we saw was a bunch of guys having a great time doing what they do, but at the end of it all, the hours DO show.

Great looking truck! Cool build.

11. Very nice! Got me even more motivated to work on mine.