Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Rip Metaltwister -Bob (Bengals Seats)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blue One, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I came across a post that said that Bob -Metaltwister
    Of Bengals seats has passed away.

Heres the post:
    Bengels is still in business but sadly without Metaltwister AKA Bob. On July 19th 2020 Bob passed away in his shop in Missouri due to natural causes. Myself and his Daughter have been working to get the business moving again but it has been a long difficult road. We have moved seat manufacturing back to SoCal where Bob started the seat frame business. We have his original templates and drawings and we continue to make Bengels seats with all of Bob's original tooling and machines the way he wanted them. I have not yet had the chance to iron out Bob's presence here on the H.A.M.B. but we are still honoring the 10% discount to H.A.M.B. members. I will need to get with the moderators to see how to move forward with Bengels Seat Frames on this forum. Website, email and phone number are still the same.

Sad news, Rip Bob you made some great seats.
    Another Emeritus member.

Just Gary likes this.
  2. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. catdad49

catdad49

If I was ever in the market, one of Bob's seats would have been on the top of my list. Always followed his threads and his "whatever it takes to get the job done" attitude to satisfy customer needs stood out. With that said, I commend both you and his daughter wanting to carry on, All The Best in the future! Condolences to All Bob's Family and Friends.

4. raaf

raaf

Indeed Rest in Peace, Bob.

He was a generous contributor here and made terrific custom seats. He was also unusually professional and gracious even when speaking of his competitors. He is missed.

That said, unfortunately I believe that Bengel's is no longer in business despite the best efforts of his family and friends. I would like to find out otherwise, but recently I tried to reach them by phone, email and web and it's all gone.