Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest RIP.... Gas Ronda

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Will be driving past Russ Davis Ford today, will give a big thumbs up to part of its past.
    Yes, the building is still there, though empty for many years. (as has Clippenger Chevrolet across the street).

Mike

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.
  2. another legend gone... Thoughts & Prayers to the Family.. RIP GAS !

3. caseyajones

caseyajones

4. I first met Mr. Ronda at the 2008 CHRR ... chatted with him for quite awhile ... found him to be a very nice, "down to earth" guy ... and a "class act".

Gas Ronda - Autographed 8x10.jpg
    Gas Ronda - 2008 CHRR (4).JPG
    Gas autographing an 8x10 for my son

Gas Ronda - 2008 CHRR (3).JPG
    Gas Ronda - 2008 CHRR (1).JPG
    Gas Ronda - 2008 CHRR (5).JPG
    My condolences to his family & friends ... Godspeed Gas!

5. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Gonna be a drag race in Heaven today! GAS for the WIN! RIP Joe

loudbang likes this.
  6. Saw him at Woodburn in 1969. Walked to the finish line and took a picture at 1/100th (fastest my old Argus had) of Gas at 175 mph.Just a ghostly red blur. Those were the days, so glad I was around.Drag racing was about the coolest thing on the planet then.

7. I still think of him as being in his 3os or 40s. Born in 1926--91 years old. Good long life, but a shock to realize he was that old!

loudbang likes this.
  8. frank spittle

frank spittle

He did not race as long as most of his competitors but his legend is equal to all. I invited him to the Super Stock Reunion I organized each year in the '80s and '90s but he told me he could not leave his night club. He was always a nice guy to chat with. What a great life he lived.

loudbang likes this.
  9. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

this is a man who did it all and drove it all in drag racing! and did it with class. r.i.p. gas.