Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest RIP Bluto (Jim P)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by superleggera, Apr 2, 2018.

1. superleggera

superleggera

Just received word from Bluto's (Jim P.'s) wife that he just passed away (today) after suffering a heart attack last week. He battled for a few days in the hospital (unconscious) but he was called to heaven to do his bench racing there with all his friends, racers and legends who have passed before.

He was an automobile archeologist and although I knew him better than most -- there were still thousands of stories to still be heard of his decades of racing, searching and discovering of lost treasures. His friendship was greatly appreciated. All that I learned will be remembered.

Feel free to post pictures, stories or more. Jim truly was glad to have met a lot of great friends through his association with the HAMB since the early days and many of you brought great smiles to himself.

For those who have been in contact with Bluto over the years -- please reach out to Zofia and pass your condolences to her.

RIP Jim

Regards-
    Mark

2. MJW

MJW
    from NJ
    1. PA. NJ. local HAMBERS group

3. Unreal! What a loss!! Prayers to his family, he will be missed on the OFC site.Godspeed Jimski.

JeffB2 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Deuces

Deuces

May he Rest In Peace.... :(

5. jimdillon

jimdillon

Sad deal. I met Jim thru the HAMB but we spoke by phone a few times. We knew a number of the same people and we started talking as he wanted to set the record straight on "Rabbit" the Mercedes racer (or Benz Mercedes-LOL) that was "built" by a few people we knew. Even though we never met in person, I considered him a friend and it is always sad when we lose friends. Always smiled when he mentioned (the nicest way I can put it) Stutz motorcars as he always felt the Mercer was a much better car and we agreed 100% on that score. I had told him that I drove my dad's old Stutz quite a bit and it was always a chore. He had very little good to say about them but spoke more highly of the Mercer-and he was right IMO. He will be missed here and I am sure his wife will miss him dearly. Sad deal for sure and RIP Jim..

6. Jim was a wealth of knowledge and the voice of experience. Always looked forward to his posts.
    Rest in Peace, Bluto.

kidcampbell71 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Sad sad day for the H.A.M.B.
    His knowledge was priceless. It’s slowly evolving to the second generation of traditional Hotrodders.

8. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am very sorry to hear this. I always enjoyed his posts on the "Auto racing - 1894-1944" thread. The man seemed to have been around. As someone previously said, a lot of knowledge lost.

kidcampbell71 and JeffB2 like this.
  9. superleggera

superleggera

From Bonneville 2008. Jim in his glory and proud of his wife when she set a SCTA record driving the streamliner at 280.508 mph.

Attached Files:

10. This breaks my heart,Jim was a walking,talking encyclopedia,not only cars we are all familiar with but exotic makes also,he did it all.

My condolences to Z. HRP

11. Squablow

Squablow

When I first joined I was convinced he was Jay Leno based on his seemingly unreal collection of stuff and vast knowledge (and I mean that in the best way possible) until he came out and stated specifically that he wasn't. Never met him but read a lot of what he wrote here and the guy knew his stuff and was always nice.

12. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:( My condolences to family and friends.
    Leo

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Sad news indeed.

14. kidcampbell71 likes this.
  15. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Gonna miss you Bluto! Thank you for all that you shared here. I always loved your stories and all of the cool stuff you found and shared here. Huge hug to Zofia and family-

kidcampbell71 and FiddyFour like this.
  16. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

17. Kume

Kume

Very sad indeed

18. Kustomman#1

Kustomman#1

Yes I also looked forward to his posts..... Posts you could learn from. God speed you will be missed.

kidcampbell71 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  19. Very very sad to hear of this.
    He made some great posts here over the years and a trip through his albums should not be missed.

kidcampbell71 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  20. Sad, sad day, indeed. My sincere condolences to friends and family. This is a loss for all of us.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

21. Paul

Paul
    Editor

His posts were never dull, never about himself, never posting just to post.
    His posts were always interesting, inspiring and more often than not truly amazing.
    We are far better off having known him.
    Bluto you will be missed.

22. Another great one taken from us way too soon. I will forever miss his presence here. Godspeed Sir.

23. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

Bluto, Rest-n-Peace and peace and comfort to all of your family.

24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences to Hamber Bluto's family and friends on his passing. All the others have already said how much of a loss this is to the framework here. RIP Bluto. Thanks for sharing Bluto's passing and sorry for your loss @superleggera.

Regards,
    Stogy

25. Passing the 4 mile, motor at full song, one mile to go.........
    Smiling from ear to ear it will not last long enough.
    GodSpeed Jim, I enjoyed our conversations and will miss all the history.

Our Best wishes for Zofia in these tough times.

J

26. ROCKER77

ROCKER77

He will be missed, I enjoyed his knowledge and his stories.
    R.I.P. Bluto

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  27. The37Kid

The37Kid

It was snowing this morning when I went for a walk, peaceful, quiet, and inside I just knew that Jim was gone. I hope all the stories will be shared, he was a good friend, and will be missed but always remembered. Thanks for all the good times.

Bob

28. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I am sorry to hear this. RIP Bluto, prayers to all your family and friends.

29. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

Really sorry to hear this. His chopped '40 Coupe was my favorite HAMB vehicle.