Register now to get rid of these ads!

Riley Automotive - Caveat emptor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by edwardlloyd, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkL

MarkL
    from Tacoma WA

Call Riley's inquiring about parts your wanting to order. Ask info for shipping cost, arrival, etc. Make them think your going to place an order. Then you call back shortly after and tell them all the info you have just read about them online, not shipping parts, not refunding money etc. Maybe that will help Eric get the message he is screwing himself by not fixing this.

2. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

that is same story i got....3 years ago

3. Said hello on Facebook... BTTT

4. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Well I've just written to Kev Elliot at R&C letting him know whats going on and where his advertising dollars are coming from.

Still no word from Paypal.

Eric - you're basically faced here with two choices. Refund me and start refunding everyone else you owe money to or close up shop. I take it you are actually reading this even though you can't post.

Ed

5. Ben Lester

Ben Lester
    from Altus, OK

There`s plenty of us! That got taken by the Alliance Member 10 percent disount!

6. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

It's guys like this that make it hard for small shops and vendors. His fb page looks like a riot broke out! I hope all who are owed get it, he's definitely going to be getting what he deserves!

7. Ruiner

Ruiner

I counted Eric as a friend a few years ago, a fellow Kropduster club member and someone who I ordered ALL of my parts through...it took nearly 2 months to straighten out a $500 order for multiple parts from a few different vendors he buys from, numerous excuses and lots of messages left on his answering machine...I gave him the benefit of the doubt after the order got straightened out but never placed an order with him after that...and now I never will again...I'm ashamed to know you, Eric...I'm about to start 2 new projects and blow a ton of hard earned cash, and you can bet it will all be spent elsewhere...

8. I wouldn't let that experience speak for the HAMB alliance. I'm not a member, but I've read overwhelmingly good reports about dealings with alliance vendors.

This guy (Riley) would be a tool either way....

9. D-fens

D-fens
    from Huntsville

Schill - come on, bro. Your customers, and the H.A.M.B. as a whole deserve better than this.

Your moral obligation is to get dude his parts, or refund his money, even if you have to sell some of your personal toys to make it good.

10. Modeljunkie

Modeljunkie

LOL..who the hell is this bob davies dork?...Eric in disguise or what?
    I posted on his FB page for his lack of actions and said he should either deliver product or return money....let's see how this Mr davies teet tries to defend him about this...yeah, "tried, convicted and hung...for a reason"!

I hope this Wad does the right thing or at least gets nailed for it, legally... have enough folks and they could do a class action lawsuit against him!

Sorry for anyones loss from a scumbag like that....I hope he does the right thing...we all work hard for our money and assholes like that shouldn't be able to take it so easily and get away with it.

11. Ruiner

Ruiner

I think the Colorado Attorney General would work wonders in this case...it seems like it'd be. Hassle, but I've been dealing with the Minnesota Attorney General about an unrelated issue and they have been easy to deal with, they act fast and scare people shitless with the fact that the STATE is going after you...

12. 5window

5window

That was my thought,too-just who is Bob Davies? I also wrote to R&C, magazines are in enough trouble without having the HAMB pissed at them.

13. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Do you think he might have used their money to buy those toys? Maybe the reason it takes a long time or he can't get parts from vendors is a failure to pay them. Looks like the word is getting out.

14. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  15. louisb

louisb

Wow, glad I found this thread. I was just in touch with him last week about a possible frame for my Modal A project.

--louis

16. Gator

Gator

I have no dog in this hunt, but I've been here long enough to remember Eric posting here lamenting being fired from Streamline / Vintage Auto Parts.

And how's the quote below for irony? This was Eric's response on a post complaining about Streamline / Vintage Auto Part's poor customer service.

17. Originally Posted by VAPHEAD
    Man,it kills me to read this.I worked for Vintage and then Streamline for a total of 13 years.I took pride in helping customers especially HAMb'ers.
    If feels really weird torn between good and goddamn it.
    I'm sorry for the hassle and shit,it is totally unexcusable.
    Wrong charges is such a sophmore mistake,I can't image what a mess the place is now.But that was their plan,idiots and low pay.
    I say call your credit card company and refuse ALL the charges.
    I find myself thinking about "work" all the time and I need to tell myself,
    "I don't work there anymore" Man,un-fucking believable!

Wow, given the present circumstances...that's some BOOL-shit right there!

18. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  19. My49Plymouth

My49Plymouth

considering that most car mags carry advertising on how to make your dick grow 6" or bang for 4 hours straight .... truth in advertising may not be high on the agenda ....

PS someone needs to start a thread to get our money back from the dick people cuz mine only grew 4 inches and I can't stay hard or more than 2 hours straight!

20. Modeljunkie

Modeljunkie

Ok, let's not try not to add "other prick problems" to the current one!{LOL}
    BTW....I need to find one where they can shrink it cause mines sooo....awh damb, now he's got me doing it!

21. 5window

5window

22. Simple.

Simple.
    from Troy, MI

Left my comments with him on facebook
    Jon

23. Done....also...

24. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

I emailed Riley Auto and said I was going to place an order but after reading the comments that were posted here I had changed my mind and this is what his reply was:

Drama queens from a chat room are the
    best gauge I know of too.
    Good tool to base decisions on.

eriC

Ask Edwerd Lloyyd if his shit talking has got him anything?
    (the answer will always be no)

25. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

26. Wow....

27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm really uncomfortable with these kinds of posts. They bother me mostly due to the mob mentality that message boards create. Ive tried to avoid this very scenario for quite a while... This kind of stuff is just is just not my style.

However, this situation just got to the point where it was obvious that I had lost control. There was no way I was going to be able to get Edward his money back... And who am I to stifle his urge to ge the word out about how he has been wronged for so long.

At the end of the day, Edward was stolen from.

I'll let this post go long enough to get the google search priority it needs and then make a decision after that.

In any regard, please bottle up the mob mentality stuff. It just clouds the water really.

28. 5window

5window

You should forward that over to Rod and Custom. I guess Mr Lloyd's $2k didn't get him anything,either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.