Register now to get rid of these ads!

right way to store a turbo 400

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sawracer, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Sawracer

Sawracer
    from socal

Thanks for the help, on that note, is there a proper way to store a perfectly good auto tranny? I can't be the only one who takes forever to finish a project.

2. I just put one up today-an extra that may set a while..
    I sat it up offf the floor -up on some overturned coffee cans to prevent the concrete from adding to condensation...I also capped the convertor and taped it with black electrical tape and left it OFF the tranny...that saves the weight from malforming the seals.... also sealed off the frt and rear shafts and trans lines....I left the fluid in it....

3. squirrel

squirrel

at the trans shop we stored them sitting on the bellhousing end of the case, on the GMs a short 4x4 block under the front of the pan keeps them upright.

Cores were stored the same way outside with a tin can over the tailhousing...

if you've ever pulled one apart that sat with water in the pan you'll understand why

4. S.T.P.

S.T.P.

Just crate it up and send it to me and Ill store it under the floorboard right behind the engine.

5. Boynamedsue

Boynamedsue

wrap them in a trashbag first. it keeps dust and moisture out of them.

6. Plastic should help on the dust end but.....Plastic is used in the desert to condense moisture [to drink]... OVERNITE from the ambient air....