Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Ridetech Adjustable shocks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, Jul 19, 2019.

1. hudson48

hudson48

Anyone used this shock. I was going to replace the regular telescopic shocks on the back of the Hudson if these might work better. They have a 20 click adjustable setup to fine tune ride. I have rolling sleeve bags in the back and on a rough road surface get some road thumping. Not from bottoming out. I think it is the shock just not handling the road surface.
    Eye-Eye_HQ_Single149071420258da7e5a67eb3.jpg

2. ray

ray
    from colorado

I've been switching all of my cars over to ridetech's adjustable shocks as quickly as i can afford it. my experience has been that steel springs, or airbags, the ridetech's have been an improvement over whatever shock i was previously running, which were quality "lowered" shocks, bilsteins, etc. regardless of rebound setting, they always provide better dampening.

3. hudson48

hudson48

Yes expensive especially over here. With our $ conversion plus VAT/GST they work out at $700 per pair!!!

4. G-son

G-son
    from Sweden

Adjustable shocks… but adjustable WHAT? Low speed compression, high speed compression, low speed rebound, high speed rebound? Adjustability is good, but if it doesn't change the damping in the way you want/need to change it, it's still as useless as a non-adjustable that doesn't suit the job.

5. hudson48

hudson48

Here is some info.
    Handling Quality Series – HQ
    The Handling Quality (“HQ”) series features adjustable shock valving. It is housed in a lightweight aluminum impact forged construction that is available in a wide range of stroke lengths and mounting styles to fit a large variety of applications.
    The single adjustment knob controls primarily the rebound force of the shock giving the driver plenty of control to dial in their performance at an economical price point. A RideTech HQ shock will provide enough adjustment for the majority of car builders.

G-son likes this.
  6. hudson48

hudson48