Register now to get rid of these ads!

Return To Macon County 57 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53olds, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Does anyone have any info and pics of this? I know that the actors were: Don Johnson, and Nick Nolte. I have never seen the movie, just heard about it thru a friend. Is it a good movie?

2. I've seen it a couple times, It's not a bad movie, it has a reasonable plot to it. They're on their way to race at Daytona or something, pick up a girl, get into some trouble with some bad kids and a cop who goes off his rocker chasing them, then get out of the trouble.

The '57 is just a hardtop with yellow paint and some early-styled flames, they show the engine and it's supposed to have some kind of supercharger on it, but the technical stuff is a little lacking.

I forget the actress's name, she was in a soap opera in the mid-80s. You do see her tits in one scene in this, if it's uncut.

And there's at least one scene looking at them in the car and you can see a '73 Firebird following out the back window.

3. cool. anything with tits! BTTT

4. Wasn't the actress Robin Mattson,,she was on some soap back in the day? and I believe in a magazine shoot if you know what I mean?
    A good looking woman!:D

Tommy

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  5. Chevy55

Chevy55
    from Nebraska

Just watched it a couple of weeks ago on encore movie channel. Hadnt seen it since I was probably 11 years old and thought it was ok. Just not as cool as it seemed in the 70s. They have some kind of stop watch on the dash and Don Johnson times him on a run. He doesnt start the stop watch until they are going about 50 and then a few seconds later he exclaims wow 8.7 in the quarter, what a laugh. They have a chase scene around a small town and total a 57 Chev convertible, ouch. They lift the hood a couple of times and it appears to have a Paxton or some kind of belt driven supercharger. I did a search for this movie on the HAMB after I watched it and there some previous posts about it. Not a bad car flick all in all.

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

7. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Sail Rabbits.........................Remember :D

8. Captain Freedom

Captain Freedom
    from Upstate SC

It was a goofy movie, they were more concerned with out-running some losers in a 49 Ford than trying to screw the wild hot girl they had.

9. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

if you need it - let me know

10. Da Injun

Da Injun

Now I am just another goof bumping the thread.....but why do you feel the need to keep bumping it? What more info do you need? Watch the you tube clip, check out the imbd site on the movie, and rent it or look on Ebay for a copy.

11. because I want to! there might be people that didn't see this thread that have pics or something.

kiwijeff likes this.
  12. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I dont have pics but a friend of mine, about 15 minutes away from me, here in ky owns the 57 now.
    It still looks pretty much the same, but it has a set of rallies on it now:eek:

13. arnt you a little young to be interested in that? lol, good to see you got your priorities in order. have you seen the ausy movie :running on empty? if not, check it out. its a little old now, but one of my favs. you can find a lot of stuff on u tube. your mustang kits are on hold as a customer is going to drop off a couple more, so ill send em when he does. so you getting a couple more.:)

14. Can you buy this movie on DVD yet? Friend of mine bought a VHS copy at a swap meet a couple of years ago, and I remember looking online then to find that the VHS was all there was and it was a bitch to find. Unless you find someone who's bootlegged the VHS to a DVD.

I don't remember the actress's name, but I know she was on a soap opera in the 80s, it was on when we got home from school and my mother watched it religiously. Santa Barbara I think it was called.

Heh, I saw a sail rabbit the other day and thought of that part of the movie.

15. motorhead711

motorhead711

Ya, that was a cool movie. I liked that one. There is another one similar to that with a bad ass sheriff who goes after people...its called "A small town in Texas" with Timothy bottoms. No real hot rods, but there's a whiskey runner truck that has a bad ol motor in it that can outrun cop cars....

16. no I'm not to young, I'm 13. and cool for the stangs.

17. do you think sometime you can go over there and take pics of it?

18. lorodz

lorodz

wow would love to see pictures of the car now also ...always cool to see old movie cars ..

19. Encore Action ran it today, which usually means it will run again sometime this month, if anyone wants to catch it.

The drinking game for this movie should be to take a shot every time you catch a '70s car in the background, or out the back window of the car the camera's on. It won't kill you, but you'll be feeling pretty good by the time it's over.

They pretty clearly use 2 or 3 '57 hardtops as the star car, so it's possible there's more than one out there. And the '57 ragtop turns up twice, it gets nailed on the street then later you see it when they rob side windows from it and it looks like a deck lid and a bumper and it would be fine.

20. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

wtf am i missing here ? Oh , i see , they are two hours later on the left coast.

21. henry29

henry29

One of the cars was on ebay in 2001, it was pretty beat up.
    I believe it went for around $10,000 and I think the ad said there were 3 cars used.

22. one of my favorite movies id love to get it on DVD i have it on VHS but cant watch it anymore for obvious reasons

i think its funny after the 1/4window gets blown out of the hardtop by the cop they take the windows out of the white convert and with hollywood magic they fit the hardtop

id love to see the car as it looks today

wasnt robbin matson the sister to the girl in hotrod (virgina matson) or was she the girl in hotrod

23. It bothered me that the 57 burned so much oil........it smoked quite a bit in a few scenes.

24. Verminator

Verminator

"Return to Macon County" was sort of a sequel. okay, same story, later time set. "Macon County Line" was made a year earlier, but the movie was set earlier in the 50's.....2 brothers drivin thru, pick up a girl, crazed sheriff.........

25. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

26. Remember guys,,all those upstarts in cheesy movies start somewhere,,,Nick Nolte and Don Johnson went on to be pretty marketable actors. HRP