Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Restoring the Hemi-Healy BB/GS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Tucker, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Cerberus

Cerberus

Keep us posted. I love Healeys. The first car I bought was a stock '61 A-H 3000. The second one had a 327 with Muncie 4 speed, removable hard top.

Attached Files:

2. moparmonkey

moparmonkey
    from NorCal

Not to hijack this awesome thread, but they're 215/60/15's on an original set of cobra wires. It's not that the tires are that big, it's that the car is that small.:D

3. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I have nothing to get over. If you go back and read my original postings, I simply stated that an original width intake will not fit a 354 with 392 heads. And you said nothing previously about a narrowed intake. So a bunch of you guys jumping on me for stating a known fact. Please post pictures of your narrowed Roto-Faze intake so I can add it to my collection of information.
    And instead of bitching at me, maybe you can explain why the 392 heads were used. We are all here to learn, right?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  4. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

Just another Healy...

Attached Files:

5. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Just catching up on this thread, and they did move our car to Gas from M/SP in 68, at least at NY National Speedway.

Attached Files:

6. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Very Cool, looking forward to seeing it at the Nostalgia Drags at E-Town!

7. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Any updates?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

8. George Klass

George Klass
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Although the NHRA Sports Car Classes never got as much notoriety as the Gasser Classes, the Sports and the Modified Sports cars were nasty competitors, and the class rules were almost the same as the Gas Coupe & Sedan rules.

[​IMG]

http://georgeklass.net/gassers.html

9. Always got a kick out of that picture. Bad ass car and the driver looks like he's just kicking back in a recliner.

10. AWESOMENESSER

[​IMG]

11. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

That's Norm Cowdery's wild 55-56 Healy...
    He Beat Dean Moon in races.Moon got pissed and would not sell him any parts ...or as the urban legend spins.
    Rumour had it a few years ago he was trying to rebuild the car.... Wicked wicked SBC powered animal.

Sorry for the Hi-jack Rob.... Please post some progress if any.

12. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

13. rdefabri

rdefabri
    from NJ

Outstanding! Haven't been on the board in awhile, but got to meet Rob Ida and talk about past lives. His father and my father must have crossed paths in the past (Westhampton? Brooklyn? E-town?), and Rob is a really down to earth dude with serious hot rodding chops. The Healey is killer, I loved the gassers of the 60's, glad to see it lives again.

14. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Just FYI, I had a 100-6 after high school and built several models very similar to your Dad's race car. But I really like it as a street car so it never was hot rodded. Also, one of your Dad's former employees and frequent lunch-buncher, has a little shop down here near Tampa, in Brandon. If you'd like to say hi, here is his email. Gary

Mike Urbanski [email protected]