Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Restored Supermodified

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roostasix, Oct 16, 2008.

1. jmh

jmh

All cool pics.. Keep it up!! John:p

2. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Roostasix, You ought to bring your Modified out to SoCal in Nov (Thanksgiving weekend) for the Walt James Classic. The Walt James Stadium has a Banked dirt track on the outside and a flat concrete track on the inside. Would love to see your car on the dirt.

3. Our car at Lawton, OK.

[​IMG]

4. Here's a wild one-- 1956 Indy 500 winner..........as a supermodified! YES!!!!THE FIRST ZINK/WATSON

[​IMG]

5. sprint3

sprint3

Does anyone know of a cae type bellhousing for the sb mopar? Would like to run a mopar w/big bell in/out box...any leads??? Thanks!....Mike

6. 2nd annual Lloyd Ruby Memorial
    May 1st
    7567 Seymour hiway (hiway 62, westside of Wichita Falls)

Texoma Motor Speedway
    Wichita Falls, TX

A video of what we did last year,

7. Legendary car from our parts

Black magic

8. spinout

spinout
    from Dallas, TX

Great stuff Brian!

9. Ken Bonnema

Ken Bonnema

10. paddybuilt

paddybuilt
    from SoCal

Ken, Jim Perry's Supermodified reunion is this coming weekend. Should be some nice old supers there. We will be bringing Bob Bennifield's 1969 Ira Compton built super.

11. Ken Bonnema

Ken Bonnema

Always a good time at Jim's. Lotsa 4 wheeled eye candy for sure.

12. paddybuilt

paddybuilt
    from SoCal

Some of the supers at Jim's reunion, Jim put on a great.

Attached Files:

13. my next project

[​IMG]

14. coming next week

15. tnlprt

tnlprt
    from st louis

This car sat in a field for 40 years I brought it home 3 weeks ago and started tearing it apart
    I have the
    quick change
    CAE in and out box
    steering box
    all the wish bones
    front axle
    original wheels
    torsion bars and arms
    original seat and cover
    and I have the 427 side oiler that was in it

Attached Files:

16. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Hi Brian, your an Oklahoma guy, do you remember #6 and #8 supers of Isaac's (sp) from Dodge City? He had 6and8 speed shop. Just wondering what ever happened to those cars. Isaac had a big trucking outfit. I think herb Copeland use to drive for him. You guys are getting me all cranked up here. Thanks, Lippy

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  17. The square railed #8 Edmunds was crashed in '76, it's remains were left behind . but, word has it that it is now in Kansas somewhere, unrepaired.

The #6 Edmunds is hard to say. There is a super down in Houston these days that matches the description of it. However, it could also be another #8 since there were more than two over the years. Yet the speculation goes on back and forth between owner and seller.

I think it is an Edmunds myself, I've looked at it up close, and I have never seen a nance frame kit like that. The tank, dash, and many other things look like the kind of work I have become familiar with Edmunds.

Hard to give an honest answer on these cars sometimes, since the truth is so murky.

18. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Thanks, I use to watch them run at Dodge City they were always fast. I am a drag racer but sure would like to build or re-build an old supermodified. I bet there are a lot of old cars stashed away. I drive an A/fuel front engine dragster, I bet I would like a supermodified.Anything that is always out of control is fun. :D Lippy