Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Recognize this windshield?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redlinetoys, Feb 8, 2017.

1. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

We have pulled this old glass windshield out of the rafters of a barn. It has been there 40 or more years.

Not sure what it is from, nor whether it is a back window or front.

Based on the work that happened in this barn 40-50 years ago, it may very well be from a Mack truck or other big rig.

Would love to get it to someone that might be able to use it. ANY IDEA WHAT IT IS??

[​IMG]

2. deuceman32

deuceman32

To me, it looks like a back glass, mid fifties GM, something like this Buick

upload_2017-2-8_21-51-27.png

3. squirrel

squirrel

looks like the back glass for a late 50s car.

Might have some markings on it...if it has a number like W456 or something, then it could be a windshield. but it's shaped like a back glass.

also look at the edge, is it laminated like a windshield? or solid like a back glass?

4. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Good call guys. I was thinking possible early truck windshield as this shop was a trucking company in the '40s thru the '70s.

But I also know the owner had bought a brand new 53 Chevy and immediately extended the quarters and did some other radical bodywork when the car was but a year or two old. Perhaps this was a planned update for a chop that never materialized.

I'll look for markings. Hate to pitch this if someone can use it.