Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Rebuilding My 354 Hemi Disty

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by geoking, Feb 21, 2011.

1. geoking

geoking

After toasting my Joe Hunt "Mag look alike" disty, I decided I needed a back up. I rounded up an OEM dual point and disassembled this weekend. Washed it out with purple degreaser, masked off the serial tag and oil pot before a light bead blast and prime/repaint to match my block.

I have re assembled up to the points plate and am now at a full stop as the ground wire that is riveted on the plate is just hanging on by a couple of wires. I either need a replacement plate with good wire or to attach a new wire. I managed to open up the factory crimp but can not find a wire flexible enough to put back. Do any of you have any of the correct multi strand wire you can send me?
    ....Or even a good OE plate that I might purchase?
    Regards,
    George

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  2. Drill the rivet out and replace the ground wire with whatever wire you can get and a sheet metal screw.

Or send it to GMC Bubba to be repaired. Won't cost you as much as a new point plate.

3. What PORKNBEANER said...

4. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

5. geoking

geoking

Ok guys... took your advice and packed up to send to Jim Linder aka "Bubba" at Linder Technical Services. I spoke with him this morning and will also let him convert a second disty to HEI using Pertronix supplied parts.
    regards,
    George