Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects rebuilding after the crash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Sep 19, 2015.

1. I don't know about the factory but dealers and ebay are full of parts. There is nothing I haven't been able to find nos.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    loudbang likes this.
  2. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I still purchased factory replacement parts up to near 2010 for Yamaha and Honda three wheelers. Availability became more of a issue of being decades since production. I still found lots NOS on eBay especially when you wait.
    For the record ATCs were never banned themselves. The sale of them was in 1988 by the government. Which I think was really directed at importing and dealerships not private sales. We still believed we were a free country then, good luck telling people they can’t make a transaction amongst their fellow citizens. The big four had already backed off by 87 do to the constant onslaught of lawsuits. It’s all much more complicated than bar chitchat. Scientific data has shown that they are no more dangerous than standard ATVs. I believe I read somewhere that around 6,000 people have died from ATVs since replacing 3 wheelers as “dangerous”, but negative word of mouth and urban legend is a powerful thing. Go 1980s! Let’s start the entitlement wave ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55, OFT and racer-x like this.
  3. I'm going through car withdrawals so to cure that I'm bringing the car to the Detroit Autorama. This is the largest indoor car show in the country. The car was there back when it was orange and won best overall street car. This year we plan on being in the basement were it can get a little rowdy. I have a lot of work to do before its show ready. 20200108_163805.jpg

4. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Going to add a Ridler to your trophy case?

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. It will never be a riddler car. Those are basically fake cars that cant be driven or much less raced. I would have no use for one of those.
    I don't think they give away awards to cars in the basement. Thats one of the reasons I want to be down there. It's kind of a show inside of the show. A club might present a award to a car they feel deserves one. I usually leave a car show before the awards are given out. I just don't understand the whole awards thing. It makes me think of the bachelor show were they hand out a rose. Then the ones that don't get one cry.

6. I had a visit today from my homeland security friends. For those with nitro in their possession or future possession here is 20200109_140627.jpg some handy information.

kidcampbell71, enloe, TFoch and 4 others like this.
  7. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

They visit randomly after you self report?

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I completely understand the reasoning behind it, always another hurdle to clear!
    You want to dance you first gotta pay the fiddler, right Brian.
    Can you imagine this scenario: fifty years from now your kids find that DHS notice and take it to the Antiques Roadshow and they look at it like its the Lincoln Papers.
    Cha Ching.

chryslerfan55 and racer-x like this.
  9. I received a notice they were coming out. They enacted some new policies so I needed to update some things. This wasn't a site inspection that's coming up in a few months. While I have to jump through a few hoops it's worth it. Keeping the hobby safe along with our country safe is not to be taken lightly.
    They don't mind I have the nitro. The concern is bad actors trying to get their hands on it. They don't try to catch me doing something wrong or just show up unannounced. The guys are all very cool. We get some time to talk firearms and shooting. Last time I got to see a agent's trunk stock. They are ready to respond just sayin. Be glad we have guys out there keeping us safe.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    verno30, kidcampbell71, enloe and 6 others like this.
  10. After you self report they walk you through the steps to be in compliance. One thing is going online to take some instruction on how to protect the nitro. They cover how to be careful who has access to it and how to avoid someone getting their hands on it that could be a bad guy. From there they come out to inspect the property to make sure the nitro stays in your hands. Tips on security are given. It goes on from there. They are helpful every step of the way. There is nothing to fear.

11. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes there are awards in the basement. They are given by an expert panel. There is even a best engineered.

loudbang likes this.
  12. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Brian will be a shoe-in!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. The show will give the much needed push i need to clean the car up. I need retreat the frame. All the aluminum needs to be polished. Then I need to finish putting the engine together. Then it all needs to be reassembled. Some how all this work has to be done between all the overtime I'm doing. It wont be easy but it can be done.
    Flitz the polish manufacturer has offered up all the polishing products I need to shine it all up. I met them at pri last year. I didn't know at the time their factory was only 20 minutes west of me. They asked me to do a commercial for them. I brought the car to them and this was the start of our relationship. I was already using flitz products as they are the best so it fits perfect.

14. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

...perfect flitz.

loudbang likes this.
  15. 20200111_181812.jpg Play off football a glass of beer and cleaning the zoomies on a cold snowy night. I like it.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  16. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Well I don't have zoomies to clean but I just came in from the shop after working on the 64 Marauder , having a few beers and talking to "Maverick the Lil Red shop cat"! Seemed like a good way to spend a cold Wisconsin winter night to me:):)! Larry

chryslerfan55, loudbang and racer-x like this.
  17. Zooomies roasting by an open fire,,,I can almost hear NatKing Cole now

Tommy

18. Wisconsin,,,,when does y’all boys play,,,tomorrow ?
    Will there be snow there for the game ?

Tommy

loudbang likes this.
  19. 5:40pm light snow temps in the 20s. 700 people are shovelling out the stands sunday morning. Real football is played outside. Wimps play in domes. Title town will be going crazy. I'm on emergency call so I don't know if I will see the game. Gotta make the cash for next year.

20. Yeah man,,,,I love watching them play in the snow,,,,,,it just seems real that way.
    I guess I miss the good ole days,,,,LoL.

Tommy

21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Cripes
    Here I am three hours from Seattle and my wife is a born and raised "cheesehead".
    I gotta act like I support GB.:mad:
    All I can say is they better be protecting Rodgers better than they have.
    What do I know I'm not a football fan, wouldn't mind some Leinenkugel though!

22. Hey is your support bearing for the steering worn ? Don't think you should be able to see daylight through it, first pic post 4023.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  23. It's just the way the pic was taken. New bushings and seal through out.

24. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I was guessing it's a double D shaft.

enloe and loudbang like this.
  25. Hey Brian and the other guys from Wisconsin.
    Good luck tonight,,,,I hope it is snowing and cold at the stadium,,,traditional football weather,,,I love it like that !

Tommy

26. There was zero snow up there last night , might snow during the game though.

27. Yes double -d. I had to go back and re read the post.

28. Would explain why I saw light through it.

loudbang likes this.
  29. I have been working so much overtime it's been hard to find the motivation to clean the car up the way I like. To provide the motivation I need I decided to bring the car to the Detroit Autorama at the end of February. I have been cleaning and polishing parts all winter in the house. Today I wasn't on emergency call so I got to work putting things together. First up was sanding the frame and re gun bluing from the firewall forward. Everything needs to be removed from the frame. It's a messy nasty job. It takes hours to do it right. The engine went in next. The fuel and puke tanks with their hoses went on. Then the fuel pump. The bruno and lenco went in after lunch. It will look nice when it's all done.
    My friend John Sheppard who did the gold leaf and pinstripping made this sign out of wood several years ago. It had the old engine info on it so he updated it for me. The sign will go to Detroit.
    Calvin Seith helped me out today. I met him two years ago on Drag Week. He drove up from the south side of chicago. He wants to be involved with the car. No better way to learn than from the beginning. At the start of the day this frame was bare. 20200201_185836.jpg 20200201_185827.jpg 20200201_185812.jpg 20200201_185818.jpg

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    The 39 guy, enloe, Stogy and 9 others like this.
  30. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Shouldn't that have read DUAL Fuel?