Register now to get rid of these ads!

rear quarter patch panel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flathead A, May 16, 2007.

1. flathead A

flathead A
    from michigan

I received my patch panels last week, went to put them in and found the beads don't line up correctly.The bead on the new panel is wider than the bead on body.Did I just buy a cheep panel.I got them from gaslight auto parts.Does any body sell a better fitting panel or do they all come from the same manufacturer.
    thanks
    flathead A

2. David Totten

David Totten

I have found that very few of the A patch panels are a perfect match. They are at best a start for making a panel. I always had to reform them in one way or the other.

3. ThePress

ThePress

Ditto...and I've ordered patch panels from different sources.

My Dad says that no two Model A's were exactly the same back then,and sure won't be today!

4. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

I've spliced 2 quarter panels of original Ford steel together and even those body lines were different widths. It all takes fabrication.

5. tinmann

tinmann

It's rare that a store bought atch panel is ready to install out of the box. Most need tweaking and/or addtionsl crown added using the English Wheel. I've mostly given up on buying them since I have the tools to make them. Both sides took me 10 minutes of forming. You'dbe surprised what you can do with very simple tools.

[​IMG]