Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Rear Four Link with Coil Overs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ekimneirbo, May 24, 2024.

1. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

Looking for some opinions and expertise on which 4 link set up others are using and which coil over shocks.

Trying to decide on whether a triangulated 4 link or conventional 4 link with a panhard bar will give the best stability when cornering. Also whether to get some with the rubber bushings in the rods or the sperical ends.pros and cons. Then what coil over shocks and what length. This will be for a 32 Ford 3 window coupe.

2. Either one will work fine on the street.

ekimneirbo likes this.
  3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On the shocks, call QA1 and talk to the tech guys. They will help you decide on the model numbers and then call summit and purchase them. If the part number is not in their system they will add it if you call them to place the order.

ekimneirbo likes this.
  4. flatout51

flatout51

Call Jason Slover at Pete and Jake's. He will have all the info you need and all the right parts on hand. (816) 758-4504

ekimneirbo likes this.
  5. miker98038

miker98038
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have an Art Morrison triangulated 4 bar under the rear of my 55 bird. 235/60 15 T/A’s on 7” rims. I’ve got small hands, and can barely get a fingertip between the lip and the sidewall. The tires don’t rub even pushed to sliding in a corner. I’d call that pretty stable. Not saying a 4 bar panhard wouldn’t work too. “Stable under cornering” involves the bars and the front suspension too. All a system.

It hooks good under a hard start with a limited slip in the Dana 44, but it’s a good y block, not a big block.

ekimneirbo and gnichols like this.
  6. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

I have both , true drag 4 link in 5w
    With 150 spring double adjustable
    QA 1 ,
    The sedan has triangular with 175 springs QA1 double adjuster , needs
    Sway bar on rear in my set up,

My old A sedan had triangular with QA1s 175 spring ,it handle real good on curves
    With very little body roll @ 65-70 mph , but Green Egg needs a sway .. might handle better if it was 2 inch lower,
    I do not want to cut floor pan to clear
    9 inch

IMG_1633.png

Last edited: May 24, 2024
    ekimneirbo likes this.