Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rear End ID

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigz71, Jul 11, 2012.

1. bigz71

bigz71

Greetings,
    Can anyone give me any insite on this rear end, it has 10 bolts on the driveshaft side of the pumpkin, no cover on the backside.
    Im looking for possible years, and vehicles this may have been found in. The only numbers I could find are the ones in the picture.
    Any help is greatly appreciated!
    -James

Attached Files:

2. What is the wheel bolt pattern? BTW, see that this is your first post here--go over to the new member intro board and introduce yourself.

3. jerry

jerry

Looks a lot like a tri 5 style chevy differential from what looks like a flat area across the top of the pumpkin. No flat would indicate an olds/ pontiac from the same era.

jerry

4. Johnny-B-Bad

Johnny-B-Bad

Looks like 55-57 chevy to me

5. bigz71

bigz71

I will take a picture of the bolt pattern for you when I get out of work.
    Thanks for the help, I saw a rear in a 57 chevy that looked just like it, but just wasnt sure.

6. squirrel

squirrel

55-64 chevy car (also used in early Chevy II) it's hard to tell for sure what it's out of since it's had the original perches cut off and new ones welded on. You can tell what year the center section is by the date code cast in it L 4 6 probably means Dec 4th, 1956 so it would be from a 57 chevy.

7. This is a 56 Pontiac/Olds thirdmember..similar but different. Looks like a chevy to me also.

Attached Files: