Register now to get rid of these ads!

rear bumper options?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 133, Feb 3, 2004.

1. 133

just curious as to whether or not any of you know of any rear bumpers from different cars would fit on my '49 Chevy? well, i should say my '49 has '51 rear fenders. i'm looking for some change and something more kustom. thanks for your suggestions.

2. johndanger

johndanger

I am using a 53 Cad. rear bumper and removing the guards ,filling the liscence plate light hole and smoothing it all , it has to be narrowed . I am using it because the curves are the same as ym 52 chevy and I get exahust ports in the bumper ends.

Attached Files:

3. 133

[ QUOTE ]
    I am using a 53 Cad. rear bumper and removing the guards ,filling the liscence plate light hole and smoothing it all , it has to be narrowed . I am using it because the curves are the same as ym 52 chevy and I get exahust ports in the bumper ends.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry if this is a dumb question, but could the curves fit '51 fenders too?

4. johndanger

johndanger

yeah , they are the same. I hope you dont do it before I finish mine. I guess I better hurry.

5. johndanger

johndanger

heres a better pic

Attached Files:

6. johndanger

johndanger

bumper only

Attached Files:

7. johndanger

johndanger

heres a crappy photoshop. take off the uppers on the ends , take off the guards , theres seams under there cut into three pieces , narrow the center piece by cutting a little off each end till the three pieces fit the curve of your 51 chevy rear , weld them back together fill the hole where the liscence plate holder / light thing was , rechrome , put on the car.

Attached Files:

8. 133

thanks for the replies. don't worry, you'll have yours on way before me, if that's what i decide to go with. looks cool by the way.