Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Real cruising, Melbourne FL May 8th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frank Carey, May 6, 2020.

1. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

Real cruising. Melbourne, FL. Friday night, May 8th. No origin. No destination. Just cruising. Here's the email I got from a local car guy. ..
    BEGIN EMAIL

Friday Nite "Kruzin' the Avenue"
    New Haven Avenue from Downtown Melbourne. to I-95
    From 7:00 PM till ??
    Starting May 8
    Time to get out and drive what you got. Wave to your Friends as you pass by. Display the American Flag on your vehicle. Start when you want, Leave when you want. Just like we used to do in our hometowns.
    Remember No reckless driving, Racing or Spinning Tires.
    No Congregating anywhere.
    Lets get out from our stay at home orders.
    No starting point. Just drive down and join in where you can on 192. You can also go around other areas as well but main cruise is on 192. Probably turn around on 192 west of rte 95
    then come back east as many times as you want.
    Just an experiment for now,then maybe we do monthly ??

Hope to see you there,

Bill

END EMAIL
    Local info:
    New Haven Ave is route 192, an east-west main road from Interstate I-95 to downtown Melbourne - maybe 3 or 4 miles - all commercial. If you come via I-95, take exit 180 east toward Melbourne. You will be on New Haven, the cruise route. About a mile after passing the golf course you will be entering Melbourne. Don't go past US route 1. Turn around by going around a block and return to I-95. And repeat.
    This is impromptu. There is no organizer. Nobody to call for info. Just like the old days. Cars will just show up. No congregating anywhere. No weather contingency. Hope it works

dana barlow likes this.
  2. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Sound cool,a bit too far from Miami,but maybe some here will pick up the idea an do some thing here as well !