Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ready for Hershey

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mr.chevrolet, Oct 5, 2019.

1. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

first time i will be using a cart, if I run over your foot, I'll apologize now. hauler.jpg

2. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

And if the lines are too long at the restrooms you can use it for a crapper:p:D

I wonder how many hubcaps it will haul?:rolleyes:

King ford, loudbang and s55mercury66 like this.
  3. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

Mike, if you see any parts catalogs especially transmission parts like republic gear or similar you've got a buyer.

loudbang likes this.
  4. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I don't have anything but I will be on the look out for them for you. Are you looking for just standard trans parts books or do you need automatic stuff too? We will be there Wed & Thurs. When are you going? I have mis-placed the business card with your cell number, if you give it to me I will give you a call if I find something. My cell is 740 270 9404

5. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I almost forgot to tell you, I saw a Chevy panel, maybe a 52 or 53, the other day down by Athens, Ohio. Looks pretty nice but it is an older build with some places starting to come out. It has a 350 and auto trans. The guy is a wheeler dealer and always has a bunch of cars for sale, mostly older stuff. He didn't have a price on it and I didn't ask as I am not looking for one. the only name I know him by is Tiggy but I can get you a phone number if you would want to talk to him.

6. Ziggster

Ziggster

Lol. I'll be heading down on Tuesday. Never been, so any other pointers?

7. oldolds

oldolds

Bring comfortable shoes, Buy a case of water at home for $4 or less. It will be more than $2 a bottle on the grounds. Weather is supposed to be mid 60's F. They are saying dry right now, but bring rain gear anyway.

8. 27 Tall T

27 Tall T
    from Butler Pa.

buy a program, it can save a lot of walking.
    all vendors are listed by what they sell .
    OAD 1&2 early Mustang parts

9. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

I have plans to make it a rolling billboard.
    studebakerjoe, I'll look for catalogues

10. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

Thanks Mike. That big stack I got from you before comes in handy. Nice to have the info at your fingertips.

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

DSCF4169.JPG I made this cart 5-6 years ago, baby stroller jogging cart and a large milk crate. Folds up and fits in a trunk or back seat, handle is adjustable, grandson can stand on the axle, front wheel can be fixed or allowed to swivel. Can't imagine shopping Hershey without a cart. See you Tuesday. Bob

Jalopy Joker likes this.
  12. The37Kid

The37Kid

As much cash that you can spare, buy a program with the maps and vendor locations. note the numbers on the light poles that are close to spaces you want to come back to. Have fun, this is 50 in a row for me. Bob

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Been using this one for over 10 years. Here’s a photo of it getting its annual maintenance and tire rotation. See you there! 625A2911-5C49-4C8A-9B53-267C6D2FD62D.jpeg

14. 5window

5window

Wow, first time. Rain gear, comfortable shoes, water and money. All a must. Bring a list of your needs, it's easy to miss something in all that is there. Pay for parking, walk in for free. Bring change, or bills, but tip the port-a-potty folks. They do a great job and that's not where you want to be cheap. The weather will change. Bring dry socks. Bring something to carry your treasures. Be patient, be nice. You can easily walk 15+ miles without effort in a day.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    lothiandon1940 and jim snow like this.
  15. The37Kid

The37Kid

Bit tired, got the last of the heavy stuff loaded. Final items go in tomorrow afternoon, Got a load of last minute items and some old bicycles to sell cheap. Bob

16. All loaded!:cool: Pull out at 6:am:D Look for this 16' 9"Banner , A Truck and Auto Races sign plus lots more @ C4J 36
    IMG_5980.JPG
    IMG_6033.JPG
    IMG_5316.JPG

lothiandon1940 and Jalopy Joker like this.
  17. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Ain't going to fit much in there Mike, if you need a spot to lay parts down to go get more I am in the Chocolate field C4H-11/12. I can hide it in the truck while you go get more.

18. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

I have been using a "bag lady" cart for years but of course I had to modify it with better wheels. With cool mornings, and warm afternoons, you can take off your jacket and not have to carry it. Also a place for raincoats and umbrellas, (although we won't need them this year) drinks, snacks etc. Anyone remember the kids that played hookey from school and would offer to take your parts back to your car, in their wagons. I haven't seen them in a couple of years.

19. noboD

noboD

60% chance of rain on Wed. All other days are 25%. High 60's all week. Bring boots, it may snow.

20. I just checked, now they say 40% before it was 30% I think it will be something.:confused: I just put the beer in the truck on ice.:p

21. Shit! I am probably going home with that damn banner. Guess I better build the Big ass Garage..... so where is the best spot for Bourbon and cigars? {bringing my own of course}

22. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

wvenfield likes this.
  23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Looking forward to see pics

24. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Leaving at 9:30am. Light rain on and off, much cooler temperatures. Yeah, that’s Hershey weather.

Attached Files:

25. 100% chance of darkness each night.:rolleyes::)

26. wvenfield

wvenfield

And I was not looking forward to 5. LOL