Register now to get rid of these ads!

Re-troduction from Australia

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by oldscl, May 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. oldscl

oldscl

Hi guys,
    Just re-introducing myself as I have now bought some pieces to start a 1940s pickup (front sheetmetal to be decided)
    This will be my first car built under the rod rules here in Australia and with a lot of help from my old man.
    Previously my projects have been 60's Aussie sedans and a couple of tri-fives. Nothing much on the fabrication side.

Plan is for 55 Buick running gear, fully fendered, smoothies and blackwalls.
    IMG_0122.JPG WP_20160227_13_26_15_Pro.jpg WP_20160301_21_08_44_Pro.jpg WP_20160301_21_09_05_Pro.jpg

2. Hi! I saw your thread, & your 1940
    Ford Pickup. FYI- Have You Got a
    40 Standard Ford Grill, Yet? I came into what I Feel is a Good Deal on a
    Grill! I purchased a Argentina Grill,
    (Made by Cavila) from Paul of American Parts of Lexington, KY. Off
    Of eBay. About a Year or So ago. I paid $275.00 +$25.00 to Ship to East Texas. This was a Excellent Engineered & Craftsmen ship. The same Week, a Guy in Ft. Worth sold me, the Chrome Center Griil for $40.00. Also made by Cavila. These are all Steel. Each of the Side Grill Bars are Die Stamped Separately, &
    Then Put into a Grill Jig & Welded up
    As An Assembly. Each individual Grill Bar Piece is Carefully Fitted & Welded to correctly as a Unit! I've got a Bob Drakes's Grill I'm Very Happy with, but at over a $1,250. For
    A Complete Assembly, Side Oanels, upper inter Brace Support, Lower Chin Panel, etc.. It's Expensive. The
    Very First Die Cast Grill was made by
    Specialize Ford Parts of. Houston, Tx
    By Tommy Trailer. The 2 most Outer
    Bars Would Crack & Break when Bolting up the Assembly. An the Vintiques in California, Harold Loony
    At First had the Same Problem. I live
    On a Farm in East Texas, I can imagine what the Outback is Like in
    Austraila! That's why I wanted a Steel grill in my 1941 Pickup! I'd send you Pictures, but I don't know
    How to Post it on the HAMB. 2nd, in
    Replacing my I-Phone this Week, to a New Apple S-5. I've got 67,000 Pics on it. It's got a Heat/Battery Problem. So, keep in touch & I'll see
    Later that I can Show it Assembled. I
    Very Particular about how things look
    & Function. I would Steer your Wrong! Cheers! Regards Respectfully BigDTexasKid

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. oldscl

oldscl

Cheers BigDTexasKid. I am chasing all of the front end parts. Any pics would be great.