Register now to get rid of these ads!

Re-Introduction

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by ROCKET303, Apr 8, 2017.

1. ROCKET303

ROCKET303

Hey crew, I've been gone a long time. So I'm reintroducing myself.
    I am/was a an early member of the Vultures Car Club we started Billetproof and then The Asphalt Invitational car shows.

I started here building my '49 Olds 2 door sedan.
    Next was my ground up '30 Model A with a Chevy 327, I'll see if I can post some pictures.
    And the a '41 Ford coupe with a 350 Chevy.

I'm a old guy now 65 years old with so many ailments to list. BUT, I'm building a '32 roadster (on the cheap) .
    I'm setting up my firewall and radiator so I can set up the motor mounts for the Ford 289.
    (These Ford motors are a pain in the ass, but it was a gift)
    So here is my question: Should the fire wall be 90 degrees from the frame, meaning I need to shim the firewall feet. The firewall is a flat Brookville piece and separate from the the feet but leans forward 1/4" when clamped to the feet.
    This my be a dumb question!

2. Welcome back!

3. ROCKET303

ROCKET303

4. Welcome back Rocket303! Never had a '32 but a friend over in IL is building a real steel Henry 32 coupe. I bet if you pm'd @jailhousebob he would check that for you. In the meantime this will take you back to the top for the evening guys.

5. ROCKET303

ROCKET303