Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ravine find, wish me luck :updated: Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SlamCouver, Jan 28, 2009.

1. I need the drivers side door hinges off of one of those plymouths!

2. STUKA

STUKA

We can try,but more than likely they will be naturally welded together..As in,a solid blob of rust..It rains like 250 days a year where the other coupes are..

3. 21tat

21tat

Document that experience for youtube! If a mountain lion bites you, it really should be documented these days.

4. budd

budd

looks like alot of fun, i have a couple bear stories, first time i was a compass man doing timber crusing, i walked up on a 4 or 5 hundred pound black bear, it was a stand of birch trees about 3" in dia, i though about climbing a tree but they were to small, but by the time i turned around the bear had ran off, second time i was out with my uncle and cousin hunting bears, they had been baiting them with cow guts, two came out in the road infront of the jeep and they stop and go running after them, i get out and follow like a fool, i get up around the corner and then had one down, so they tie a rope around the bears head and tell me to get in the back of the jeep and help pull the bear in, they still have a cows stomach laying in the back of the jeep, so i'm in there pulling and the bears nerves start jumping, the cows stomach starts growling, i think the bear is comeing back to life, i make a leap for it out of the jeep, those fools are laughing there heads off, they never let me forget that day. ot i know..lol

5. RAG66

RAG66
    from WASHINGTON

Yes I have spent many days in the mountains of washington & we have MOUNTAINS!!!! 100 foot ravines are excelent depositories for all things unwanted. That is before we knew it weren't good to! Good to see another hot rod saved. :D

6. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

"Yes I have spent many days in the mountains of washington & we have MOUNTAINS!!!! 100 foot ravines are excelent depositories for all things unwanted. That is before we knew it weren't good to! Good to see another hot rod saved. "

Any chance you would care to disclose any of your locations? :D

7. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

Could we see some pics of the bear/lions den?

8. STUKA

STUKA

What is this,Field and Stream?
    Hah..
    Personally,I didnt take any pics of it.
    Maybe Slamcouver did?

9. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

Dammit i wish i got to that old yellow sign first, i never even saw it down there

10. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

The one on the right is no "cougar" . That there fellas is a gen u eye nn SABER TOOTH!

11. abone1930

abone1930

Glad you got it out without any glitches. Look what we all do for some rust.:p I would have did the same too. I think one of the best things about this obession we all have is the thrill of the hunt. Then after you get it back home and look at for awhile you say, What the hell did I bring that piece home for :D

12. jick

jick
    from london

what a great story!
    good luck with the coupe dude....you deserve it!

13. John B

John B

The Sierra Club should give these guys an award for helping clean up the wilderness.

14. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges

I would try to get the other 2 coupes out if it was possible. I wish I could find stuff like hat around here. All of the abandoned cars have been pulled out and junked. I remember my dad telling me in the early 70's him and his brother would drag car bodies into the woods. When the shredder came they went back and drug some out

15. Elrod

Elrod

That looked like a great day of fun and finds!!

16. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

Cool find. Man it looked like a royal pain in the ass to haul that thing up. props to you guys!

17. Fidget

Fidget

If there had been a SX200 in the trunk, you would of been in heaven!

18. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

"If there had been a SX200 in the trunk, you would of been in heaven!"

Haha No doubt about it!:D

19. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Hey Rod I'v been watching that build since you pulled it out, I'm taking the easy way out and going stock car.

20. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

very cool story!!!!

21. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

great story! Good luck with the project.

22. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Went back for the cowl today, the story is now complete.
    From this,

[​IMG]
    To this, will look better after i pressure wash it ;)
    [​IMG]

23. Squablow

Squablow

Cool. If you're making a stock car, I would just make a half-door on the passenger side and plan on climbing in on that side. Nice looking '60 you got there too.

24. Spooky

Spooky

Holy crap man!
    Where did you find it?

25. I love your story. That is so cool that you guys saved that and it will make a perfect stock car. Your story reminded me of this ravine find story from several years back, i thought you and others might enjoy it so I'll post it here if that's OK.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]