Register now to get rid of these ads!

rat rod RUMBLE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bullet boy, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. junkrodder

junkrodder
    from Sweden

Thats good words

2. bullet boy

bullet boy

thanks guys for al the support our clup puts the show on like we would want to do at a show . not to many rules lots to do an good times. gator an the others thanks for the photos. what ever you call your ride is fine if it is safe"ish" an you drive the piss out of it thats fine. by the way hot rods are never totaly safe . if so it is a souless rolling air bag. ha ha . if any one needs flyers email me your address [email protected]

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

How about the Art Rod Rumble.......just shuffled a couple of letters and they are rolling art whatever anyone wants to call them.

4. HELLBILLY

HELLBILLY

Pics! I like looking at pics!:D

Attached Files:

5. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

That Corvair gasser is cool, dig the rose tinted windows.

Don't change the name because a few folks get their panties in a bunch. The term rat rod has been linked to poor craftsmanship. Like the comment on the steering linkage. The fact is, that same poor craftsmanship has been going on for years and way before the term "rat rod" was around. Just because it's a "rat rod" doesn't mean that it should be considered to be poorly built. There are plenty of "hot rods" that have the same lousy craftsmanship that have given the rats a bad name. Hell, the sockets and socket swivel use in steering was being done in the 70's along with exhaust tubing for a roll bars and on and on. It's a label of a theme that has taken off like gang busters of which many people have built successfull business because of, and I thinks it's time to get over it and let it happen.

6. Zombilly

Zombilly

Thanks for the info. And if you want to keep the name then I say do it. Though the name is only six years old, I think its remencent of a better car scene then there is today.

7. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

It can't be too bad of a show if its already the 6th annual one. Ya, the name is less than perfect......but WHO CARES!

I like hotrods!

8. according to the doomsday wierdos, the worlds going to end in 2012 so lets just all have fun with old cars and people can call em what they like.

9. ratster

ratster

it's a killer show, bands, drags and hotrods

10. Lalos53Ford

Lalos53Ford

Hey Bullet Boy, You say free camping? If so I think I will have to try and make it down. Looks like a cool show. I'll be there!!!

11. HenryJGuy

HenryJGuy
    from Dayton, TN

This is definitely a good event. I had to miss it last year, but I've been to all of the others, back to the first one in 2005. There's always lots of action on the track and the crowd keeps growing every year, so Dan and his crew must be doing something right!

12. Kerry67

Kerry67

I wish people would lighten up on this whole Rat Rod name thing. The name is going nowhere so just deal with it. Gets old hearing a bunch of grown men crying over it.

It looks like a killer show. I wish I could go.

13. edweird

edweird

I like the name. Its better than the tuner rumble.

14. Kerry67

Kerry67

There is the right attitude.

15. BettyRumble

BettyRumble
    from Tennessee

Are you gonna be there this year Ratster?

16. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

I like the name, soots the show. Rat Rod Rumble, no more rat rods there than there where Rednecks at the Redneck Rumble. Just a bunch of down to earth guys and gals having a fun day of drag racing swap meeting and camping under the stars. We'll be there again, this will be the fourth time.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  17. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

Too far for my speedster to drive. I'd have to trailer it that far- not that it cant drive, but that time of year weather can change quick and I have no way to protect myself.

18. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Yep.

A few call my hot rod a rat rod, some in admiration, some in disgust, and the difference ain't worth discussin'.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  19. The 41Dude

The 41Dude

If you check out my screen name you would suppose I drive one of the dreaded r-word cars. I built my 41 ford sedan and have had it on the road for 8 years having put over 15 thousand miles on it. It's not traditional for sure and everyone else started calling it a ratrod because it was flat black so the name stuck to it and me and I'm ok with that. before you tell me to go to the
    other site let me tell you after discovering the H.a.m.b. I have been converted. I currently have a running flathead and I am collecting parts to buld a traditional hot rod. But I will brobably alway have my 41 with the 350/350 combo and the mustang two front end and I have been know as RATROD STEVIE for a number of years so that won't change either so keep the name for the show!!IMHO

20. E X A C T L Y ! ! These cars are built for having fun in!! I could care less what others think about my ride. Afew on this forum always talk crap, but boy when I talk to everybody at shows and such they all seem to like my ride. The show looks like a great one, wish it were alittle close so we could try it out. I'm not ready for that long of a haul just yet.

21. HELLBILLY

HELLBILLY

I wish I had more pictures of some of the cars (i was busy, over 30 passes they say lol) because one of the best things about this show (among others at the same track DRAG BASH etc.) is the fact all the old drag cars and dragsters are coming out of the woodwork.
    Cars that havent been seen in 30 years or longer.
    Plus the old Hot Rods.... yes some of the older guys (am i old?) told me they didnt want to attend the NSRA or other shows but just love the fact that they can see other cars and drag racing at a show.
    One older guy told me he now had faith in the younger generation (lol), he had a late 30s early 40s Studebaker drag car that he had brought to the show and WAS AMAZED AT THE "YOUNG PEOPLE that talked his head off about the car"......all day long.
    He was thrilled....... so was I.

22. ratster

ratster

yes i'll be there, i was there last year but i left the "JOKER" home and drove the 56 chevy wagon, i was in hiding lol

23. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

One of these days I' m gonna make this one.
    Too many of these are a good haul for some of us, but this one is on my bucket list.
    The HA/GR will make it with me one of these days.
    Robert

24. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

perhaps I am blind - where is the website link?
    and where is the show located?
    address so I can google it...........

thanks

25. rgdedge

rgdedge
    from East Tn

It's a blast. I will be there again.
    Tim

26. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Some call my 55 chev a r-rod too just because it's flat black and needs minor finishing body work and also because they just don't know any better

27. screwball

screwball

You can call your car anything you want the other person may call it some thing else. Who cares life is to short have fun when you can.

28. 440shawn

440shawn

Yep! sounds liie a great time.

29. bullet boy

bullet boy

thanks guys the show is at 411 dag stip in seymour tn near knoxville . for info try myspace/ratrodrumble thanks for all the vote of confidance

30. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

WOW!!! 3 pages already, and nobodys really bein to much of an A-HOLE about the RAT ROD name. keep the name! your show looks like a blast! good luck with #6!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.